Taste the World: International Food Fair 2012

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Southern Miss chapter.

Forks, spoons, and chopsticks digging into dishes was the main sight on yesterday at the Baptist Student Union. The Center for International Education  gathered  there for their annual International Food Fair from 11:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. The event gave students, staff, and members of the Hattiesburg community an opportunity to better understand international cultures through traditional food of each country. 

Current and former students of the English Language Institute at Southern Miss, better known as the ELI, brings together students from around the world  who desire to develop their English communication skills. 

These students, representing almost a dozen countries, proudly served dishes prepared by them to the attendees of the event. “Have you tried that?” “It’s delicious!” These words could be heard from all corners of the room. Guests hovered from table to table indulging in the international delights. 

Conversation and laughter filled the room, along with camera flashes. This popular event was nothing less of a success.

Crystal Garner

Southern Miss

Crystal Garner is a sophomore at the University of Southern Mississippi studying Broadcast Journalism and Computer Science. She is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-In-Chief for the Southern Miss Chapter of HerCampus.com, the on-air host of Southern Miss Today at WUSM 88.5, a Campus Editor at Uloop.com, a former English TV/Africa production intern at Voice of America, and an ambassor for Freshmansupport.com. She enjoys writing, reporting, and traveling. Her work has been publish by USA TODAY, Huffington Post, Uloop.com, and local newspapers in her hometown of Meridian, Miss. She hopes to one day serve as an international correspondent.  Keep up with her at Shesagarner.com