The Six Best Upcoming Music Festivals

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Southern Miss chapter.

Summer is traditionally the time for music festivals with big names like Bonnaroo and Glastonbury heading the avid festival goer’s calendar, but autumn offers a host of attractions sure to satisfy the tastes of any music fan. Her Campus has put together a list of some of the best festivals happening in the next few months perfect for any budget (and location) along with a list of some of the biggest artists at each event. Be sure to check out the websites to get the full line-ups and details.

Fun, Fun, Fun

When: November 8-10 

Where: Austin, TX

Line-Up: MGMT, Snoop Dogg (aka Snoop Lion), M.I.A., Slayer

Price: $179

Created by people from the music scene, in the heart of Downtown Austin Fun, Fun, Fun provides entertainment in the form of music of all genres and styles as well as excellent comedy.

Forever Festival

When: September 27

Where: Detroit, MI

Line-Up: Calvin Harris, Flux Pavillion, Beats Antique

Price: $40

A one day festival perfect for fans of popular as well as up-and-coming electronic music.

BayFest

When: October 4-6        

Where: Mobile, AL

Line-Up: R. Kelly, T.I., Hunter Hayes, Three days Grace

Price: $60

With over 125 acts across nine different stages, Bay Fest offers continuous music for all tastes. This one is pretty affordable, and the closest to home for Southern Miss!

[pagebreak]

TomorrowWorld

When: September 27-29

Where: Fairburn, GA

Line-Up: Laidback Luke, Tiesto, Steve Aoki, Calvin Harris, Diplo, David Guetta

Price: $347

Styled on more European festivals TomorrowWorld promises gourmet food and drink alongside its line-up of some of the biggest names in Electronic music, all in a magical and enchanting atmosphere. You must be 21 or over to attend and camping is included in the price.

Life Is Beautiful

When: October 26-27

Where: Las Vegas, NV

Line-Up: Beck, The Kings of Leon, Passion Pit, The Killers

Price: $159.50

Offering a variety of attractions from street art to theatre alongside some world-class bands all in downtown Las Vegas, Life Is Beautiful has something for everyone.

Voodoo Experience

When: November 1-3

Where: New Orleans, LA

Line-Up: Pearl Jam, Nine Inch Nails, The Cure, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, Paramore

Price: $200

Taking place in New Orleans’ City Park, Voodoo offers an amazing range of music as well as multi-sensory art installations from across the world.

Hopefully one of these festivals has piqued your interest and you can see that there are some amazing events happening, even after the summer rush. Grab your tickets and your friends, plan your road trip, and go rock out to your favorite bands!

Image Credits: Eva Rinaldi, Michael Szymanski

Alice Calder is in her fourth year studying Philosophy, Politics and Economics at the University of Exeter. She spent her third year studying abroad at the University of Southern Mississippi where she fell in love with all things Deep South. After interning in Washington DC for the summer Alice's love of politics grew and developed into her career ambition. Aside from politics she likes music, exploring the great outdoors, and enjoying food in every possible form.