This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Southern Miss chapter.

Name:  Rebecca Hyde
Year:  Freshman
Major:  Nursing, but I’m probably changing it to Broadcast Journalism
Hometown: Boston, Massachusetts
Relationship Status:  Single

HC: What is something that people would be surprised to find out about you? 

Rebecca:  I’ve NEVER eaten a hamburger in my life, I promise! (she smiles)

HC: What do you look for in a guy?

Rebecca: Someone who’s athletic, loves sports, can make me laugh, and honest

HC: What’s your idea of a perfect date?

Rebecca:  Something spontaneous and fun, like laser tag, paintball, roller skating, or just simply relaxing!

HC:  What’s your favorite pick-up line?

Rebecca:  Do you come here often? Haha!

HC:  What’s your best memory of Southern Miss so far?

Rebecca:  Getting a bid from and getting initiated into my sorority, Alpha Delta Pi. They’re the most loving and welcoming group of girls I’ve ever met in my life!

Crystal Garner

Southern Miss

Crystal Garner is a sophomore at the University of Southern Mississippi studying Broadcast Journalism and Computer Science. She is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-In-Chief for the Southern Miss Chapter of HerCampus.com, the on-air host of Southern Miss Today at WUSM 88.5, a Campus Editor at Uloop.com, a former English TV/Africa production intern at Voice of America, and an ambassor for Freshmansupport.com. She enjoys writing, reporting, and traveling. Her work has been publish by USA TODAY, Huffington Post, Uloop.com, and local newspapers in her hometown of Meridian, Miss. She hopes to one day serve as an international correspondent.  Keep up with her at Shesagarner.com