This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Southern Miss chapter.

It’s that time of year again where the weather is warming up and the sun is coming out to play which means that people are ready to get out and get moving too.

Every year since 1985, Hattiesburg has held a street festival known as Hubfest. People come from all over the state to experience the live music, a wide-variety of food and local arts and crafts. 

Last year at Hubfest, there were over 200 vendors and tens of thousands of people attended, so you know there is always something for everyone to enjoy. 

Hubfest is a great family event and a nice way to spend your Saturday, especially when the weather is nice. I know that I always enjoy Downtown Hattiesburg and when it’s Hubfest weekend, I love it that much more. 

I love to brows around all of the booths and see what everyone has to offer. You can always find some of the most unique arts and crafts and some of the best food from around the area.

Another thing that really draws me into Hubfest is the live music. Here’s this years line-up:

One other big bonus about Hubfest: it doesn’t cost anything to get into the festival. 

So if you find yourself with nothing to do this Saturday, March 29, make your way downtown and check out all that Hubfest has to offer!

Abby Smith

Southern Miss

Abby Smith is a Freshman Broadcast Journalism major. She is a recent graduate of Sacred Heart High School and has spent her whole life in Hattiesburg, MS, but hopes to one day move to a big city and pursue a career in Journalism. Abby loves photography, traveling, running, and the outdoors.