Campus Cuties: Sherowin Clemons Jr.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Southern Miss chapter.

This week, Her Campus caught up with Sherowin Clemons Jr, a single cutie with a way with words.

Name: Sherowin D. Clemons Jr.

Major: Double Major in Mathematics and Computer Science

Hometown: Meridian, Mississippi

Classification: Junior

HC:  What is an average day like for you?

Sherowin:  Every hour of every day is full of activities for me, so there is never a moment of any day where I do not have something to do. Positive results that come from this is that I stay proactive, but the negative of this is making time a precious commodity. There are very few things I value more than time.

HC:  What do you do to rewind?

Sherowin:  I have many activities that keep me leveled throughout the week. On average, I pick something good from a list of movies I have yet to see, and let my mind be lost for 2 hours. Another stress reliever for me is taking a pen to paper for several hours and writing my thoughts out. Sometimes they form stories on their own and become poems, short stories or songs.

HC:  What is your favorite hobby?

Sherowin:  I go to the game center of the student union and play pool almost every day.

HC:  What do you look for in a significant other?

Sherowin:  Undoubtedly, a heavy emphasis is put on conversation, and how strong the interaction is vocally not electronically. I need to know she cares to talk to me as much as she would to her phone. Face-to-face interaction is more important to me than texts or a phone call. A person’s expressions speak louder than their words.

HC:  What would by your dream vacation?

Sherowin:  I would like to spend an entire summer abroad in Europe traveling to countries apart of the European Union: England, Scotland, Germany, Poland, Spain, Italy, Paris, etc.

HC: What makes you smile?

Sherowin:  It is very easy to make me smile — anything from jokes, social interactions, or a Doritos commercial.

HC:  What animal best describes you?

Sherowin:  It’s worth noting that my favorite animal is not the animal that most describes me. The animal I most emulate is a hawk because it soars above all obstacles, travels to many places never settling for one area and  has a very acute eyesight that lets it observe it’s surroundings and make the best judgments.

HC:  What is something most people don’t know about you?

Sherowin:  I really love and enjoy films. I watch everything from horror action, animation and foreign to comedy, dramas, silent, black and white and documentaries. I have a very extensive knowledge of cinema throughout each decade and its actors and directors.

HC:  Where do you see yourself in 10 years?

Sherowin:  By that time, I will have a career I can be proud of in a large city with comfortable living conditions. I hopte to have a family, but it remains to be seen.

HC:  What is your ultimate goal?

Sherowin:  I don’t want to ever lose my individualism for the sake of others, it is truly the only way I continue to live in control of my own life.

HC:  How would you like to leave Southern Miss better than you found it?

Sherowin: I would create more opportunities for students to connect with alumni, and help with employment search and job security after graduation.

HC:  Who is your inspiration?

Sherowin:  It’s a tie between Nikola Tesla and Bob Marley. Their backstories and what they stood for as individuals is truly remarkable and worthy of admiration.

HC:  What celebrity are you most attracted to?

Sherowin:  This may sound somewhat humorous and confusing, but I have always had an attraction to Kat Dennings. It’s even harder for me to explain why I find her to be a beautiful woman. I guess beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Photos courtesy of Sherowin Clemons 

Crystal Garner

Southern Miss

Crystal Garner is a sophomore at the University of Southern Mississippi studying Broadcast Journalism and Computer Science. She is the Campus Correspondent and Editor-In-Chief for the Southern Miss Chapter of HerCampus.com, the on-air host of Southern Miss Today at WUSM 88.5, a Campus Editor at Uloop.com, a former English TV/Africa production intern at Voice of America, and an ambassor for Freshmansupport.com. She enjoys writing, reporting, and traveling. Her work has been publish by USA TODAY, Huffington Post, Uloop.com, and local newspapers in her hometown of Meridian, Miss. She hopes to one day serve as an international correspondent.  Keep up with her at Shesagarner.com