Style Blog’s Top 6 Essential Festival Items

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Southampton chapter.

So summer has arrived (finally) and so has festival season! One of the most daunting things about festivals is packing everything you’ll need in one backpack. Thankfully, Style Blog is here to help you remember all the essentials…

1.  WELLIES!

Even if your festival weekend is forecasted to be one of the hottest periods of UK sunshine, wellies are the number 1 festival essential. Over time, festival footpaths evolve from walkways of perfectly trimmed grass, to vast lagoons of slushy mud. Don’t get caught short in your shiny new white plimsolls ladies.

2.  A rain mac

As Brits, it’s pretty obvious that it will definitely rain at some point during your festival, due to the ‘beautiful’ climate we live in… make sure you rock that rain mac/ anorak.

3.  Bum bag

Okay so they may not be the most appealing fashion item, but practically they’ll save your life at a festival. Planning on bringing your fresh iPhone 5s, every pickpocket’s dream? No problem. Keep it safe and always in your sight in a bum bag. Some of them are even pretty fashionable, check out urban outfitters range here

4. Dry shampoo & baby wipes

Worried about your hair hitting day 3 and resembling the hair of Bob Marley? As much as it suits Marley himself, for us girls a little dry shampoo goes a long way. For those that haven’t tried it before, this baby will save your life. No need for water, just spray this on your roots and you’ll have fresh locks once again. Baby wipes are also great for staying fresh and for those awkward times when you fall in mud, or get covered in dust… it happens to the best of us.

5. A pair of good, comfy & flattering shorts

A good pair of shorts are without a doubt one of the most staple fashion items at a festival. Make sure you invest in a pair, you’ll be so thankful you did.

6. Quirky fashion accessories.

Festivals are the best place to get out those trendy boho fashion items, particularly flower crowns, hair jewellery and bindis. Not to mention an eye-catching set of neon body paints – neon paint is a great way to have fun with your friends and sport the perfect festival style.

So that concludes Style Blog’s list of essential festival items. Make sure you’re not caught short without something on this list, and enjoy your summer music whilst looking fabulous!

My name is Emma and I'm a first year history student from the University of Southampton. I have an interest in style, healthy eating and fitness. In my free time I like to paint, horse ride and have an interest in animal rights. You can check my twitter out here: http://twitter.com/emma_briers and my instagram here: http://instagram.com/emma_briers