Get the right bikini for your body shape!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Southampton chapter.

Hey girls!

So,  summer is on our door step and HCS wants to provide you with a kick start to feeling great in your body this summer and what better way than to get the bikini that’s right for you! So here’s the low down, on your body shape:

Pear

Pears are smaller on the waist and top half and bigger at the hips down. If you’re a pear shape then you should try to boost your bust to even out your body shape. Also avoid patterns and frills on the bottoms as this will draw attention to your bigger half, string bikini bottoms are ideal as you can tie it where you like also lengthening the legs.

Hour glass

Hourglass shapes are the classic full bust that matches rounded hips and a cinched in waist. If this is you, you should go for similar bottoms to the pear. However the top half should be well supported, perhaps an underwired bra top and less padding and this will make your bust look bigger. Matching colours on the top and bottom halves are good for this shape too!

Athletic/boyish

This shape tends to be more rectangular and has narrow hips and shoulders. If you have this shape then you should go for a bikini that has ruffles or frills that add volume and create the look of curves. A halter neck top with a frill looks particularly good on this shape.

Apple

Apple shapes have a full bust with narrow hips and a less defined waist. If you’re an apple then you should opt for a similar top half as the hourglass, focus on supporting your bust. The bottom half should be drawn attention to by adding frills, patterns or interesting  side ties, this will even out your body shape much like the pear but the other way round!