15 Love Lessons We Learnt From The Inbetweeeners

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Southampton chapter.
So, unless you’ve been hiding under a huge (clunge) shaped rock this last week, you’ll have heard the awesome news that a second Inbetweeners has been confirmed, to be released August 6th. This time, the boys are causing mayhem down under, so to celebrate here’s fifteen important love lessons we’ve learnt from the three series and the first move. Grab your wellies, because we’re going to be knee deep in clunge, cringeworthy moments and.. wigs? 

1) Bouncing up and down on top of someone in a bed does not constitute a virginity loss. Even if you really, really want it to.

2) Cars are sexy. Unless they’re yellow and have a tape deck…

3) If you’re having bedroom problems, like when Simon struggles to get it up in series 3, hitting your genitalia will only result in a partner thinking you’re a little bit insane…

4) When abroad, it’s important to remember that club promoters are paid on commission. They probably do not want to go home with you, no matter how ‘dirty’ the wink…

5) When trying to seduce the opposite sex, imitating Yoda from Star Wars generally isn’t the best tactic… Particularly if they haven’t seen Star Wars.

6) Stuffing a wig down your trousers to make up for lost pubic hair is never a good idea. Need I say more?

7)The caravan club isn’t a secret sex club. Or even remotely sexy.. Unless you’re Neil, that is.

8) When drunkenly attempting to seduce someone, probably best not to spray paint a confession of love onto their driveway… Or projectile vomit over their little brother.

9) As long as you’re not kissing, dry humping is definitely, definitely not cheating. Not sure Neil’s ex girlfriend would agree though!

10) When trying to pull, there’s a very big difference between a seductive glance, and, um, creepy staring. Just ask Simon…

11) Romantic gestures are all well and good… But jumping off a boat and swimming to shore, before having to be rescued? Not quite as impressive..

12) An earring does not make the ladies flock to you.. Especially if it’s infected. 

13) Mums are always off boundaries. Unless it’s Will’s mum, and she’s been in FHM…

14) There’s being cool after an accidental kiss, then there’s making a CD compilation of ‘feelings’ with drawings of your loved one… Oh Simon, will you ever learn? 

15) There’s dirty talk… And then there’s just being plain abusive… 
Meg Dixon

Southampton

I'm Meg and I'm a second year English and Film student at the university of Southampton. I'm very excited to be a co-editor in chief for Her Campus Southampton!