Yummy Thanksgiving Recipes that Won’t Break the Bank

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Who says cheap and easy can’t taste delicious?!

1. Homemade Mashed Potatoes

Need I say more?! Just think about that turkey and mashed potatoes and gravy combo. Getting hungry, so am I!

Tip: you have so many options when it comes to toppings! Some classics are gravy or shredded cheddar cheese, but don’t be afraid to get creative!

2. Cinnamon Honey Glazed Sweet Potatoes

Sweet potatoes are a Thanksgiving classic, but this fun little twist makes the dish even more delicious! This vegetarian-friendly and gluten-free dish is sure to become a family favorite. It’s not only super easy but also super affordable (your wallet will thank you).

3. Cranberry Crescent Rolls

Two timeless dishes combine to form one of the greatest inventions of the 21st century (at least in my opinion!).

4. Green Bean Casserole

My family has a love/hate relationship with this casserole, but it’s one of my favorites! 

I am gluten-free, so I’ve made this recipe with gluten-free flour and breadcrumbs and no one has even noticed the difference. I am not a huge fan of mushrooms, so I didn’t add those in, but the dish was still super creamy.

5. Rice Krispie Turkey Legs

Okay, some people are actual baking geniuses because this is amazing. With only 5 ingredients, this dessert could not get any easier!

I substituted in gluten-free pretzels and had no issues! Many people prefer gluten-free pretzels to regular pretzels, so give them a try if you like that extra crunch.

I hope these recipes can add some fun to your Thanksgiving table!

Emily Baniewicz

South Carolina '22

Hey y'all! I am a junior at the University of South Carolina studying Public Health a with minor in Spanish. I am pre-med and one day hope to be a sports neurologist. In my free time, I love watching football and soccer, hanging out with friends, and going to the beach!
Abby Davies

South Carolina '22

U of SC '22. Public Health major.