The Wine You Should Be Drinking, Based On Your Zodiac Sign

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

From deciding your relationship fate to determining your temperament, we look to the stars pretty often. So it only makes sense that you would also use them to determine what wine you should drink. What do you think? Do you match up?

Aquarius, Chianti

Aquiarii pride themselves on being unique and intellectual beings. They love setting trends and trying new things, so their preference is a little off the beaten path. A dry Chianti is the perfect choice for those who like to live outside the box.

Pisces, Rosé

Pisces are passionate beings that are extremely empathetic towards others. They are sensitive to emotions and are great friends. A Pisces always knows exactly how to help others. Their kind temperament pairs perfectly with a light, sweet Rosé.

Aries, Moscato

Aries are bold individuals who love to lead the way. With strong personalities and opinions, everyone is sure to love them. Basically, they’re the life of the party, and nothing goes better with their bold personalities like a sweet Moscato wine.

Taurus, Chardonnay

Taurus are sensitive and compassionate. They sometimes come off as shy, but they show off their true colors when comfortable. A crisp white Chardonnay mimics their calm personalities, but still has a little sweetness to it.

Gemini, Riesling

Gemini are known for their fun-loving personalities, and they’re always surrounded by friends. They are quick minded and always up for a challenge. Known as the “twin sign,” Gemini can be both sweet and sour, which is why the versatility of Riesling is a perfect match.

Cancer, Merlot

Cancers are the ultimate romantics. They are sensitive to others and are often in the company of many friends. Although they are usually private about their lives, most people find them extremely alluring. A deep red Merlot reflects their passionate side and sophistication.

Leo, Syrah

Leos are undeniable trendsetters who love adventures. They’re honest and forward, so they never keep you guessing. A bold Syrah compliments a Leo’s even bolder personality. It also pairs well with a lot of foods, and as an adventurous sign, trying new foods is probably one of your favorite past times.

Virgo, Pinot Grigio

Creative and compassionate, Virgos make strong connections with the people they care about. They don’t go out of their way to make huge groups of friends, but they care deeply about the ones close to them. With such a caring personality, it’s inevitable that Pinot Grigio is the perfect match—it’s almost just as sweet!

Libra, Cabernet Sauvignon

Libras are peaceful and open to everyone. They don’t judge and always give people the benefit of the doubt. Although highly competitive, they can also be extremely loving. They pride themselves on their refined taste, which is why a sophisticated red, like a Cabernet Sauvignon, is their top choice.

Scorpio, Malbec

Faithful and wise Scorpios are independent and mysterious. They don’t often tell it like it is, and like to keep others guessing instead. When they feel emotion, it’s intense, and they enjoy making deep connections. Malbec, a red that’s slightly sweet but dark in color, is a precise mimic of their secretive personalities. It’s what every Scorpio needs in her glass.

Sagittarius, Prosecco

Sagittarians can be stubborn and strong-willed, but they are blessed with eternal optimism and confidence. They’re always looking on the bright side and love cheering others (and themselves) on. With a bubbly personality and bright outlook, a sparkling prosecco is a great compliment.

Capricorn, Red Blend

Capricorns always have their hands in multiple projects—they love doing it all. As natural born leaders, they like to be in charge and are destined for success—in plenty of endeavors. It only makes sense that they would choose a red blend that encompasses a little bit of everything.

Reilly Tuccinard

South Carolina

Reilly Tuccinard is a University of South Carolina graduate with a love of writing, reading and learning. After spending two years as the Beauty Editor for Her Campus Media and the Editor-in-Chief of HC South Carolina, she is focusing on a career in creative strategy. Friends will tell you she's a a self-proclaimed Grey's Anatomy addict, she can't just watch a movie once and she is a firm believer in anything and everything chocolate.