Why Target Is Our One True Love

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Target is a one stop shop for everyone. There are so many things to buy, ranging from shoes, to dog food, to decorative pillows, to wine. Even if a plan of attack is made before entering Target, odds are you’ll end up with a cart full of stuff you didn’t know you needed and a receipt that’ll make your jaw drop. Here are some reasons why Target is simply the best. 

Starbucks

The automatic doors slide open and the smell of fresh brewed coffee rushes over you, awakening your basic side. Starbucks? Yes, please! The line is never long and caffeine is a necessity at Target…it could very well turn into an all-day adventure! Plus, what is Target without a PSL in hand?

The “Dollar Section”

After a quick stop at Starbucks there’s the “dollar section!” Even though everything isn’t actually a dollar, it’s close enough. There are always great finds here, whether it be a new phone case, some holiday décor, arts and crafts or a cute new scarf. You’re bound to spend roughly 10 minutes here looking for that perfect thing you didn’t need but have to have!

Clothing

What’s that catching your eye? Oh, it’s just Target’s new clothing line placed directly in your line of vision, what a coincidence! Target has always had nice clothes but recently, they’ve significantly stepped up their game. They now have three new brands in addition to their original brand, Xhilaration: A New Day, Knox Rose and Who What Wear. These brands are cute, semiprofessional, fun, comfortable, and versatile for every occasion. What more could we ask for?

Shoes

After you spend an hour looking through the clothes and then another hour saying “just one more thing”, you spot the shoe section. It’s not your fault they’re so close to the clothes! There is an amazing variety of boots, booties, heels, wedges, flats, slippers, and sneakers. Not only are they cute, but also they’re made well and comfy, so they’ll last longer than a few months. You might as well stop and try on a pair (or four).

Food

Soft pretzels, protein bars, frozen pizza, fruits and veggies, ice cream, Hawaiian sweet rolls, and SO MUCH MORE. Ever since Target established their produce section, they seriously have it all. Everything needed for a “semi-healthy” college diet is at your favorite store. (And all the junk food, too!) 

Wine

Target has an impressive stock of wine, especially since they created $5 bottles! Cheap, tasty and convenient. They’re good for any night, whether it’s a girls night a date night in. What a steal.

The Total

Target – love it! The amount of money you just spent – hate it.

Target may occasionally break the bank but at least you have a good time doing it and you get to keep the cute and ~necessary~ stuff you buy! See you at Target with a PSL in hand!

Cooper Crews

South Carolina

Cooper is a senior at the University of South Carolina studying public relations. Some of her favorite things are Harry Potter, adrenaline filled adventures, being outdoors, loving on her rescue pup Charlie and binge watching Netflix. After graduation, she hopes to travel the world and find her dream job in public relations. 
SC Contributor

South Carolina