Why I Admire Kylie Jenner

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Homegirl works it! Yeah, she knows she’s got a rocking booty and a pout that won’t quit it, but there’s a lot more to her than just her appearance. The expression, “try walking a day in her shoes” is the best way for me to illustrate my point.

Imagine growing up with your entire life documented. Yes, think back to all of the weird things you did as an 11-year-old or the “scandalous” things you did as a 16-year-old. What if they were documented and put out there for the world to see and judge? Remember how embarrassing “the whole school” finding out felt? Imagine if your “whole school” was all the viewers Keeping Up with the Kardashian’s.

For the vast majority of the world, we were able to grow into ourselves and make those decisions without the weight of the world on our shoulders.

Simply put, our lives were mostly private. Kylie didn’t make the decision to be on reality TV, she was merely an addition to her older sisters’ show. So, before you put Kylie down for her actions or for essentially being the way she is, take into consideration the strain she was put through growing up. Everyone has a way they see the world and their actions normally reflect that.

For what it’s worth, I think Kylie has taken the cards she has been dealt and done some great things. When it comes down to it, Kylie is 18-years-old. She has her own home, her own clothing line with her sister and her own lip-kit company. Those are just a few of her responsibilities. Those are just a few of the opportunities she was able to capitalize on and make something great out of. Of course Kylie has the money and the connections, but she has to be driven and passionate about what she is doing.

Hell, she’s great at what she’s doing. She has made herself a brand. When she wears a dress, that dress will sell out afterwards. She is a walking advertisement! I don’t care what anyone says, it’s not easy to make separate yourself from others and make yourself a brand, a brand that people want to emulate.

Furthermore, it’s not easy to keep updating that brand and finding new, innovative ways to stand out. Kylie knows what she’s doing and I, for one, think she’s killing it. Congrats Kylie, definitely going to buy one of your lip kits- lets be honest these thin lips could use a little somethin’ somethin’!

Check out Kylie’s KILLER music video advertising her new lip-kit:

I mean c’mon, this is what I mean. The girl is paving her own path in the world, watch out!

Lexi Hill

South Carolina '18

Lexi is a senior at the University of South Carolina studying multimedia journalism. After graduation, she hopes to move to the city where she can pursue a creative career and grow old with her pet pug.
Kristina Zagame

South Carolina

Born and raised right outside the great city of Boston. Senior at the University of South Carolina. Major: Broadcast Journalism. Minor: Sport and Entertainment Management. Interests include traveling, storytelling, and trying to squeeze in naps. Biggest pet peeve: being told, "no." Instagram & Twitter: @kzagame GO COCKS!