friends girls football college game spirit smile laugh sunglasses
Cameron Smith / Her Campus
Style

What to Wear to the USC/UGA Game

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

For the first time in 111 years, the Gamecock football season will not be fulfilled by the infamous Clemson-Carolina game. However, that does not make the Saturday after Thanksgiving any less important. The Gamecocks will take on the Bulldogs at Williams-Brice Stadium, and the perfect game day outfit is a must. Below are four ideas to help spark some inspiration for your garnet and black ensemble.

1. You can never go wrong with a good jersey! It is simple, spirited, and so stylish. Throw on a turtleneck underneath to add a bit of a fashionista’s touch and to keep you warm in the autumn weather.

2. I will stand by the statement that every girl needs a black leather skirt in her closet. It is a staple that can be dressed up, dressed down, and even better, it can be worn on game day. Pair it with a cropped Carolina tee and a pair of cute booties, and you are good to go.

3. Quarantine has brought on the loungewear revolution, and I am loving it. Why not wear black joggers and a cute Carolina tank? If the day is chilly, you could even add a cute puffer and beanie. 

4. Recently, my favorite item in my closet has been my white cheerleading skirt. On our first game day, I paired it with a black Carolina tank and a bucket hat, and it turned out to be my favorite game day outfit of my college career. 

Her Campus South Carolina cannot wait to see what game day gear you rep. Make sure to share your game day outfits with @hercampussouthcarolina

Mia McManus

South Carolina '23

Mia McManus is a National Writer for Her Campus Media under the style section of the site. She started with HCM in July 2022 as a Contributing Writer for College Fashionista before entering the writer’s program at Her Campus in May 2023. Beyond her work here, Mia is a Merchandise Planner for a Southern-based department store. She, also, recently launched her freelance career where she writes for different fashion publications and aids with different projects at various trend forecasting agencies. In May 2023, she graduated from the University of South Carolina with a bachelor’s degree in Fashion Merchandising and Digital Innovation. If you are looking for her, she can be found out shopping, at an airport, drinking way too much coffee, or @miamcmanus on Instagram. Follow along with her as she navigates post-grad life and the world of being a fashion writer.
Abby Davies

South Carolina '22

U of SC '22. Public Health major.