This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Starting college and trying to find your place can be difficult, but a community of strong women who have the same interests and motivations as you can be exactly what you need. Below is a list of the few incredible women-based organizations on campus that can be perfect for you! 

Her Campus

Instagram – @hcsouthcarolina 

Starting out strong, we have one of the most supportive female organizations on campus. Her Campus is an organization that provides female students with opportunities to make strong friendships and connections with other women who share the interest in marketing, public relations, social media, and editorial. The perfect place to meet your new best friends! 

Women in Business Council 

Instagram – @uscwibc 

Calling all female business students, Women in Business Council at UofSC provides a networking community for women to grow, learn, and develop professional skills. They focus on connecting and empowering women to navigate the business world and make a difference in their local community. 

CHAARG 

Instagram – @sc_inchaarg 

CHAARG stands for Changing Health, Attitudes, and Actions to Recreate Girls. They aim to establish a community for college girls who have an interest in health and fitness. They partner with local studios once a week to lead a group workout. Even if you have no passion for working out, this is a fun way to meet others while getting out of the house. 

Alliance for Women in STEM

Instagram – @uofsc_aws 

Alliance for Women in STEM works to create a collaborative environment for female students pursuing majors or careers in STEM fields and medicine. With a supportive community, members work to navigate and learn more about the difficult processes of conducting research projects, applying to graduate/medical school, writing grant proposals, and getting scholarships. 

GirlUp

Instagram – @girlupuofsc 

Girl Up is an international, nonprofit organization affiliated with the United Nations. They advocate for gender equality, women’s education and healthcare, and the end of gender-based violence. From advocacy to service, the organization’s efforts also support the United Nations’ initiative to provide young girls in developing countries the chance to get proper education and a life of nonviolence.

Avona Le

South Carolina '25

Hi! I'm the Editor in Chief at the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter. I oversee all articles published by our chapter and even write some of my own! I'm currently a junior at the University of South Carolina in Columbia, majoring in Marketing and Finance with a concentration in Business Analytics. I want to pursue a career in marketing analytics or market research. In my free time, I love to try new restaurants, hang with friends and go on walks. I am always down to catch an amazing view of the sun or the stars!