freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
freestocks 9rHgOVRdrDM unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

Unique Date Idea: Axe Throwing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Axe Throwing is the perfect date idea for a first date to avoid awkward conversations, or for serious couples who are looking for something fresh and new to do. This relatively new activity has been placed in many growing cities and has rapidly gained popularity. 

What is it? 

It is exactly as it sounds. There are individual lanes that your group will be on, and you will take turns throwing axes at a target. The target is very similar to darts, but on a much larger scale. There are many different ways to play, such as random throwing and keeping track of points, or more organized games that the workers will teach you. Most people don’t have experience chucking axes so don’t worry, they give instructions on the best and safest methods. 

How much does it cost?

Most axe throwing places price range is between $20-30 for the hour. We researched an axe throwing place in Columbia, SC for all of our fellow UofSC students and it is $20 an hour at Craft Axe Throwing

Anything important to know? 

Most axe throwing places have different policies, but it is very common among them to have a bar and several televisions, making it the perfect place to gather for events. 

If you are planning your date night ahead of time, you can go ahead and reserve a lane for a certain time to ensure you get to play. They do allow walk-ins, but that tends to fill up really fast on a Friday night! 

College night at Craft Axe Throwing in Columbia is on Wednesdays and students throw for $15! 

Lastly, if you really enjoyed axe throwing, you have the opportunity to join a league that gets together weekly and meet other people through it. 

Happy throwing!

Meghan Keeler

South Carolina '23

Hey guys! My name is Meghan, and I am a freshman at UofSC. I was born and raised in Columbus, Ohio but my tourism management major brought me down south. I love all things creative from photography to blogging.