Trader Joe\'S Reusable Bag
Trader Joe\'S Reusable Bag
Jocelyn Hsu / Spoon

Trader Joe’s Fall Items Ranked

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Nothing says fall like getting hit with the scent of pumpkin spice as soon as you walk into your local Trader Joe’s. Although winter products have already begun to fill the shelves, there is still time to stock up on these fall items!

Maple & sea salt kettle corn: 10/10

This kettle corn is by far my favorite Trader Joe’s fall product. The maple subtle flavor brings a sweetness to the popcorn that is perfectly balanced out with the sea salt. I suggest that you grab a bag (or three…) while you still can!

butternut squash mac & cheese: 10/10

Looking for a lazy but cozy fall meal? Try out this microwave friendly mac & cheese! This is no ordinary frozen mac & cheese — its sauce is made from butternut squash puree and a three cheese blend that make for a more elevated version of this comfort meal.

Mini spicy pumpkin samosas: 10/10

A savory take on pumpkin spice does not sound like something that should be good, but somehow Trader Joe’s makes it work so well. These spiced pumpkin and paneer-filled samosas are unexpectedly delicious and are now a fall favorite of mine.

autumnal harvest creamy pasta sauce: 9/10

Although I am not typically one to eat sauce from a jar, I make an exception with this autumnal harvest sauce. The sauce is creamy and tastes reminiscent of a vodka sauce. It has a slight sweetness to it from autumn vegetables like butternut squash and carrot. I wish the sauce featured stronger autumnal flavors, but overall I thought this was a delicious and comforting sauce.

pumpkin brioche twist: 8/10

I recommend buying this bread for all of your fall French toast needs! The brioche slices are thick with a subtle pumpkin spice flavor. The bread was delicious, but I would have liked a stronger pumpkin spice flavor.

dry roasted maple almonds: 8/10

These grew on me. Although the flavor was a bit more artificial than I had anticipated, after a few handfuls I was sold. These nuts are sweet, but the sweetness is not overpowering. I do, however, wish there was a bit of saltiness to them to better balance out the maple flavor.

harvest chili: 8/10

This chili is made of black beans, butternut squash, cauliflower, sweet potatoes, pumpkin puree and chili spices. With all of these fall vegetables, I expected a taste similar to the the autumnal harvest pasta sauce, but was somewhat disappointed to see that it tasted more like a regular chili. This was still a very good chili, but I wish it had stronger fall flavors.

honey roasted pumpkin ravioli: 8/10

As suggested by the honey in the name of this product, these ravioli are on the sweeter side. They are filled with a cheesy pumpkin mixture and pair very well with a brown butter and sage sauce. Although I did like this ravioli, I would have liked for the flavor to pack more of a punch.

pumpkin-spiced pumpkin seeds: 7/10

I thought that I would like these a lot better than I actually did. When I saw these pumpkin seeds in the store, I had imagined them to have a very strong pumpkin spice flavor. Instead, they tasted more buttery and had only a hint of pumpkin spice to them. The seeds actually tasted very good, but they did not live up to my pumpkin spice expectations.

Riced cauliflower & butternut squash risotto: 6/10

I was very disappointed by this product. It wasn’t bad, but it did not at all live up to my expectations. I anticipated it to taste similar to the butternut squash mac & cheese, but was disappointed by the lack of flavor. The cauliflower risotto was still creamy and did a good job of replicating the texture of actual risotto. It’s not a bad product overall, but next time I will be sticking to the butternut squash mac & cheese.

As gingerbread and peppermint begin to replace pumpkin spice and butternut squash, make sure you stock up on these fall favorites before they head off of the shelves!

Jenna Marandola

South Carolina '24

Jenna is a junior public relations major at the University of South Carolina. She is a foodie and hopes to travel anywhere and everywhere. She loves cooking and is always down for a trip to the beach.