This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Fall is an amazing time of year: the weather gets cooler and leaves get colorful. Fall also brings along some amazing music to listen to while we procrastinate studying for exams (the eternal struggle) or to accompany our pumpkin spice lattes. Here is a list of songs that can easily keep us company until the jingle bells start ringing:

1. “Hello” – Adele

Finally, Adele is back! This wonderful lady continues to give us chills even after keeping us waiting on new music for what seemed like forever. This song, also known as the song that “makes you miss people you don’t even know,” leaves us grateful for her return. It is also the perfect song to obnoxiously belt out and sing along to.

2. “The Hills” – The Weeknd

This one has been out a while, but it is still continuing to be a personal favorite of mine. With the heart stopping bass that drops at the beginning of the chorus, it is the perfect jam song for just hanging out and the beat is perfect for walking to class, just saying!

3. “Wildest Dreams” – Taylor Swift

This one has also been out for a while (it is straight off her album “1989”). However, it is just now being recognized, and for good reason. Taylor most definitely outdid herself with this one, making it arguably the best song off her album. Plus, the music video features her as a radiant brunette, which actually suits her really well.

4. “Like I’m Gonna Lose You” – Meghan Trainor ft. John Legend

Now, I personally am not a fan of Meghan Trainor, but this song is winning me over. Her voice over an acoustic sound as apposed to a pop beat makes for a beautiful song. To make it even better, she is paired up with John Legend, who can give you chills with anything he sings. Putting them both together with romantic lyrics makes you want to go hug everyone you love.

5. “Hotline Bling” – Drake

If you haven’t seen a vine making fun of the music video for this song, you probably don’t use any social media. Drake’s entertaining dance moves to the quirky beat of this song makes the perfect platform for several memes and vines. Besides the music video, the song is super catchy and is one that you won’t mind having stuck in your head.

Hayley Schmitt

South Carolina

Just a University of South Carolina sophomore Public Relations major with an unhealthy obsession for Gossip Girl and mac & cheese.
Kristina Zagame

South Carolina

Born and raised right outside the great city of Boston. Senior at the University of South Carolina. Major: Broadcast Journalism. Minor: Sport and Entertainment Management. Interests include traveling, storytelling, and trying to squeeze in naps. Biggest pet peeve: being told, "no." Instagram & Twitter: @kzagame GO COCKS!