Life > Experiences

The Top 10 White Elephant Gifts on Amazon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

The best part about the holiday season is having an excuse to buy ridiculous gifts for the people you love. This is a compilation of strange and unique gifts you can find on Amazon, whether it be for that special someone, or for that ridiculous white elephant party you’re dreading.

1. Wacky Waving Inflatable Tube Guy ($14.79)

It’s always fun seeing these guys on the side of the road at car dealerships, but have you ever thought about having one of your own? You probably haven’t, but having something silly and fun on your desk can help cure the studying blues.

2. Tricera Taco Holder ($11.71)

Tacos are inarguably one of the greatest foods on the face of the earth. Eating one out of a dinosaur taco holder? A truly incredible experience.

3. Microwave S’mores Maker ($16.95)

Not everyone has access to a bonfire at any given time, especially living in dorms where any flame is strictly forbidden. S’mores are difficult to make using a microwave alone, but this tool can help you create a s’more that is as close to perfection as possible.

4. Deep Tea Diver ($9.99)

This adorable tea diffuser is perfect for every tea drinker. You just fill the diver with tea and then watch it diffuse! It’s an eco-friendly and adorable way to drink in the morning.

5. Donut Warming Coffee Cup With Drip Trap and Mustache Guard ($9.99)

This is probably the best mug available on the internet. The design includes a drip trap to help keep your table clean, a lid designed to use the warmth of your drink to heat up a pastry, and a mustache guard to protect your facial hair from drippage. What else could you ask for?

6. Eye Mask with Gel Beads for Hot/Cold Therapy ($9.90)

Headaches are a really common issue amongst the college population. Advil or Ibuprofen are common solutions, but sometimes it’s helpful to have something that makes you feel better instantly. These eye masks can be microwaved for warmth or put in the freezer if cold is more effective.

7. Mermaid Tail Blanket ($13.80)

Winter is the best time for cuddling under a blanket. Mermaid tail blankets are the new Snuggies – plus they’re al lot cuter.

8. Caffeinated Shaving Cream ($4.17)

Why shave in the morning and drink coffee, when there’s a product that allows you do to both at the same time?

9. Bacon Soap ($8.99)

Bacon soap is the perfect gift for those, especially carnivorous loved ones. Bacon does smell incredible, so why not strive to smell like it all the time?

10. Bear Mop Slippers ($12.99)

This is the perfect gift to give a roommate who hasn’t been doing their fair share of the cleaning. You can subliminally convince them to do more cleaning by providing a fun method for housework.

There’s no reason to spend tons of time and money figuring out the perfect gift. Amazon has tons of cool stuff to offer, and this list includes some of the weirdest and most unique items out there.

Jenna Cameron

South Carolina '21

Jenna is a social work major with a minor in criminal justice at the University of South Carolina. She is a sophomore and this is her first year writing for Her Campus.