Three Mocktails To Serve Your Guests This Thanksgiving

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

With Thanksgiving around the corner, it’s time to start planning out your spread. Although the holiday is all about the food, why put the drinks on the back-burner? These holiday-inspired mocktails are the perfect addition to your Thanksgiving meal! 

Each of these mocktail recipes serves one, but they can easily be adjusted to serve a crowd.

Apple Cider “Mule”

Nothing says fall like a glass of apple cider. Elevate this fall classic with some ginger beer and lime for a Thanksgiving-inspired take on the Moscow Mule. Bonus points if you serve it in a traditional copper mug!

• 4 oz apple cider
  • 4 oz ginger beer
  • Juice of 1/2 lime 
  • Ice

Fill a glass of your choice — preferably a copper mug — with ice. Add your apple cider and lime juice to the glass. Top off your drink with ginger beer and serve. 

Sparkling Cranberry & Orange punch

Looking for something to serve alongside your homemade cranberry sauce? Make this cranberry and orange flavored punch for your guests this Thanksgiving!

• 2 oz cranberry juice
  • 2 oz orange juice 
  • 4 oz club soda 
  • Ice

Fill a highball glass with ice. Pour the cranberry juice and orange juice into the glass. Fill the rest of the glass with the club soda and serve. 

Rosemary & Ginger “Bee’s Knees” 

This mocktail takes a sober spin on the classic “Bee’s Knees,” a cocktail traditionally made with gin, lemon and honey simple syrup. This recipe calls for a ginger and rosemary infused simple syrup to introduce fall flavors. 

For the simple syrup:

• 1/2 cup water 
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup fresh ginger root, peeled and chopped
  • 2 sprigs fresh rosemary 

In a saucepan, combine honey and water. Stir on medium heat until the honey is dissolved. Remove the pan from the heat and add the rosemary and ginger. Cover the pan and let the mixture steep for 30 minutes. Strain the rosemary and ginger out of the mixture. Transfer the syrup to an airtight container and refrigerate until ready to use. 

For the mocktail: 

• 2 oz club soda
  • ¾ oz lemon juice
  • 1 oz ginger and rosemary infused simple syrup
  • Ice 

Set a coupe glass into the freezer to chill. Add club soda, lemon juice, simple syrup and ice to a cocktail shaker. Gently shake the mixture, being careful not to overshake the club soda. Transfer the mocktail to the chilled coupe glass and serve with an optional sprig of rosemary as a garnish. 

These fall mocktails are sure to put you and your guests in the Thanksgiving mood. Break out these recipes at this year’s feast!

Jenna Marandola

South Carolina '24

Jenna is a junior public relations major at the University of South Carolina. She is a foodie and hopes to travel anywhere and everywhere. She loves cooking and is always down for a trip to the beach.