Style > Beauty

The Best of the Brand: Glossier

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

The makeup trend known as “skinimalism” (or the “no makeup” look) has become increasingly popular in 2022. The brand Glossier has the minimalist mindset that so many of us have fallen in love with, including me. Now one of the best known brands in the beauty industry, Glossier has a plethora of items that are perfect for achieving a “no-makeup” makeup look. Not only that, but their skincare is top-of-the-line and much better than ones that I’ve tried that are upwards of $50. Here are some of my favorites…

Glossier Universal Pro-Retinol:

This is the brand’s first retinol and relatively new, and now part of my skincare routine every night. At its core, retinol tackles many skin issues, including texture, tone, fine lines, acne, and hyperpigmentation. It encourages collagen production and increases cell turnover, which is essential to helping unclog pores. The Universal Pro-Retinol itself is a lightweight cream, made up of Retinyl Sunflowerate, which is composed of retinol, sunflower seed acids, and stevia leaf extract. You apply a pea-sized amount of this to a freshly-cleansed face, followed by your favorite moisturizer.

Glossier Super Bounce:

My next favorite is this fan-favorite hyaluronic acid serum. It’s formulated with 2% hyaluronic acid complex and vitamin B5 that hydrates the skin on a whole new level. This is my go-to in the colder months, when my skin struggles to retain moisture for longer than a few minutes. It’s even safe to layer under makeup and never sticky, which I often struggle with with serums.

Glossier Lash Slick:

OMG — this is the one! I have never used a mascara that I have fallen in more love with. The bestselling Lash Slick has been my go-to for more than three years and is a must in your makeup routine. It’s both lengthening as well as lifting, for a “baby extensions” effect. It’s also water-resistant, so it stays in place all day long, yet is still easily removed with warm water when you’re ready. Even better, this mascara is formulated with pro-vitamin B5 and Biotinyl Tripeptide-1, which strengthens your eyelashes with everyday wear.

Glossier Boy Brow:

A 2021 Glamour Beauty Award winner, this is a brushable, lightweight wax that thickens and holds your brows in place. It contains Oleic Acid, Lecithin, and Soluble Collagen to moisturize and condition, and even comes in four tinted shades (in addition to clear). Perfect for the “soap brow” trend, this product keeps my eyebrows in place all night.

Glossier Priming Moisturizer Rich:

This is — hands down — one of the best face moisturizers I have ever used. It’s so rich, yet absorbs fast enough that it is perfect for under your makeup. This formula is rich in acids and ceramides that reinforce your skin’s moisture barrier and lock in moisture over time. My favorite part is the anti-redness complex that soothes while also improving texture. The dewy look that is left on my face after using this priming moisturizer is absolutely *chef’s kiss*.

If you have yet to give Glossier a try, here is your sign to add a few of these items to your cart.

Sarah Heyman

South Carolina '24

Sarah is the social media manager and a writer for the South Carolina Her Campus chapter. She manages all social media and posts content for her chapter. Sarah also writes editorial articles regularly. Sarah is a senior at the University of South Carolina studying Marketing. In her free time, Sarah likes to work out, spend time with family, and try new foods.