This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Everyone deserves to feel like a total bada*s, no matter the occasion. And what better way to get into that mindset than a totally killer playlist? I use these songs when I’m doing my makeup to go out, on the way to an interview, even before a date! Not only do they make me feel empowered, but also sexy and confident as well.

These songs get me into that queen mindset we all know and love, so I hope that they can offer the same to you.

• Boss B*tch/Tia Tamera — Doja Cat

Doja Cat knows what the people want, every time. These songs are flirty, fun, and lift up my mood for every occasion.

• Taki Taki — Selena Gomez

This is more of a personal reason, but when I studied abroad in China they played this at every single club I went to. And considering we went out about three times a week, there was a lot of hearing this song! But it is catchy and fun, and Selena Gomez is beautiful — so there’s that.

• 7 Rings — Ariana Grande

The vibes coming from this song are incredible. It’s sexy without being in your face, even more so because the overall message is that you do not need a man to provide for you! Making your own money and spoiling yourself is the epitome of queen behavior.

• Confident — Demi Lovato

The best confident woman song! Because what is wrong with being confident? Absolutely nothing. It is what we all deserve.

• Ice Cream — Hyuna

Hyuna is a legend in South Korea, and this is a pretty good example why. Lots of people know her because of her appearance in Psy’s Gangnam Style but this song is a style all her own. It makes me feel like a bada*s, but in a cute way … if that makes sense.

• Truth Hurts/Good as Hell — Lizzo

Obviously this playlist would not be complete without some Lizzo. The opening lyrics just kick you in the face and it only gets better from there. It also helps that I’ve been a Minnesota Vikings fan my whole life — what a flex! And where there is one Lizzo song, of course there is another.

• Savage — Megan Thee Stallion

Who can forget when this song ruled the world? It was so good for a reason — Megan Thee Stallion never misses.

• Get it — Pristin V

I don’t know what it is about this song, but I just feel like Beyoncé’s backup dancer when it plays. Give it a listen and you will understand what I mean.

Check out the whole playlist here.

Emma Smith

South Carolina '22

I lived China for five months and that is pretty much the coolest thing that has ever happened to me. UofSC Grad Student in MMC Program