This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

First things first; I have been dating my boyfriend for almost three years now. That’s so crazy to believe, especially considering we were both in high school when we started dating and the many adventures we have been through since. We have had our many ups, but you can guarantee that we’ve had our downs too.

During this past winter break, we spent a lot of time together. We cooked so many new things, tried a bunch of new stuff, and I swear we ate sushi three times a week for no reason other than it’s freaking delicious. It was really nice to be able to hangout with him as much as I was able to and to have numerous amounts of sleepovers. 

Not only did we both enjoy each other’s company, my sweet border collie has never been happier to see his dog momma and her significant other home so much. 

We honestly didn’t do that much as far as going places and actually having a vacation, but it was nice to just watch some cute movies, eat some not-so-healthy snacks, and sleep in all the time. 

One thing we did do that was super special to me was go to IKEA in Charlotte. I had never been before and my face lit up with excitement, like it does when I go to Walt Disney World. It was amazing and I felt like we had both missed seeing each other as happy as we were on that day. We even got breakfast from one of our favorite places: QuikTrip (and I’m so excited Columbia is finally opening some this year!) While we were stupid and ate no IKEA swedish meatballs for lunch, can you guess what we had instead? Obviously, it was sushi. 

All in all, I can say my Winter Break was super fun and relaxing. I caught so many Z’s that I actually felt super refreshed starting this semester. I was able to really talk to my boyfriend. He pushed me to get over my fear of doctors offices and I finally got my physical and mental health checked for the first time in about a year.

If you have a significant other and you really miss just spending time with them and being yourselves, whether that is sweet and caring like my boyfriend or overly goofy like myself, I really suggest spending some of your breaks from school or work with them to just have fun with each other!

Sophia Martin

South Carolina '22

Sophia is an Advertising major who loves writing, her dog Ryder, chai lattes, and writing content. She is beyond excited to see where she can lead the South Carolina chapter as president.