Style

Score Some Points with These Fall Gameday Outfits

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

If you’re anything like us, you know that choosing the perfect outfit for gameday can be a daunting task. Does it match? Does it fit? Why doesn’t it look the way I had envisioned it? Outfit-choosing anxiety is real and always present, but that doesn’t mean you should let it get the best of you. To make your life easier, we’ve composed a list of fool-proof pieces that you can add to your closet to make the perfect outfit for any fall gameday. You can also customize these pieces to show off your own style and ideas! 

Overall Dresses

Lulus

Nasty Gal

Overall dresses are a staple in our closets not just for gamedays, but for any outing that we want to put a little effort into. They’re simple yet cute and are a great alternative to wearing just a dress or jeans and a shirt. They are also made with various materials, such as corduroy, denim, and cotton so you have pretty much endless options. Since it’s fall and a little chilly outside, we would suggest wearing a long-sleeve shirt or long-sleeve crop top underneath the dress, as well as some transparent tights, pantyhose, or fishnet stockings. Adding these will not only keep you warm, but also add that extra oomph to your outfit that will definitely draw the right kind of attention. To top the outfit off, try wearing some cute booties or combat boots, and any other accessories that you see fit.

Printed and Flare Leg Pants

Shein

Shein

If you’re tired of wearing plain ole’ ripped jeans and you want to spice up your pants game, we have just the solution. There are so many trendy and comfy pants on the market right now that are perfect for walking from tailgate to tailgate, all while looking like you just stepped off the runway. Printed pants, whether they’re skinny or flare, come in a wide variety of colors and patterns while also giving you breathability and comfort with their soft material, unlike jeans. Not to mention, these kinds of pants (especially flare legged) are SUPER flattering if you know what we mean. These kinds of pants don’t have to be printed; solid colors work well too if you want to add color elsewhere in your outfit. Pair these pants with a cozy cropped sweater and some vans or converse and you’ll be fashionable yet casual on gameday. 

Jackets and Cardigans

Shein

Vic’s Rack

Last but not least, the best way to bring an outfit from “eh” to “yeah!” is by pairing it with a stylish jacket or cardigan. While there are many types of jackets that could bring an outfit together, nothing makes the same statement as a black leather jacket. This jacket is perfect for gamedays at USC because our school’s colors are garnet and black (go cocks) but it might not work well for everyone whose school colors might be a little brighter, like orange and purple (ew). Don’t worry! A light wash jean jacket, a fur coat, or even a simple rain poncho (there’s always those days) can complete any outfit while also keeping you bundled up. Cardigans are also ideal for fall weather when it’s not too hot and not too cold, and with endless designs and styles on the market you’ll be sure to find one that you love.

Hannah Litteer

South Carolina '22

Hi! My name is Hannah and I'm a sophomore journalism student at the University of South Carolina. I love being a part of Her Campus and connecting with others through writing!
Katie Graybill

South Carolina '20

Katie is a journalism student at the University of South Carolina. She loves the beach, traveling, writing, and spending time with her pets!