Reasons to Celebrate (Even Though You’re Graduating)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Well this is it. You’ve had four incredible years, and now theres’s less than a month until you walk across the stage and it’s all over. Now I know thinking about that makes you want to cry, but that’s a horrible attitude! Let’s be real here, there are some things you won’t miss and besides, there are a million things you have to look forward to! Here are 10 great ways to reminisce about the past, keep excited about the future, and live out those glory days until the final minute.

1. NO MORE EXAMS!

You’ve been saying “I won’t actually use this in the real world!” for years. Now it’s time to test the theory.

2. That means no more lengthy lectures, either. 

School’s out, ladies! No more dragging yourself out of bed at 8:15 for that 8:30 geology class. Or any other class for that matter! 

3. You can do things you haven’t done since freshman year.

Go ahead, eat on campus. Or get your DFMO on (look it up)! Returning to a younger version of yourself will teach you something new every time. 

4. School traditions actually mean something now.

You never knew how much you love your alma mater until you’re half singing/ half crying it at the last home football game. 

5. You have an excuse to party (wildly) when a friend lands that job.

Forget about any 21st birthday you’ve ever been to. You’ve never seen a girl party harder than when she lands that dream job. 

6. You’ll never run into that awkward date from freshman year ever again. 

…but he might still text you at 2 a.m. on Saturdays from time to time. 

7. Speaking of dates: professional men await, not college “frat bros.”

FINALLY! You’re SO over boys and their silly clubs. 

8. After 5 p.m. cocktails instead of all-nighters in a dirty college bar.

Because staying out until 4 a.m. is getting pretty exhausting and how cool will you feel when you can “grab drinks with some work friends”?! 

9. You have an excuse to update your wardrobe.

Think about all the cute new outfits! Goodbye college girl, hello working woman! 

10. YOU DID IT!

You made it through all the exams, lectures, drama, heartbreak, and crazy nights. Sit back and have a glass of champagne, you’re a big girl now. 

I'm energetic, outgoing and loud full time student at USC with a keen interest in Broadcast Journalism and all things NBA
SC Contributor

South Carolina