This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

As we leave the hot and steamy season of summer and head into fall, there can be a lull in the bedroom. When it’s time to turn to oversized sweaters and eat lots of comfort food, sometimes the mood just isn’t there. But don’t worry – we’re here to help! Try some of these seasonal and sexy ideas in the bedroom next time you and your SO get down to business.

Set the mood with more than one pumpkin spice scented candle. There’s nothing better than the overwhelming aroma of pump spice in your small apartment/dorm room. Set these close to flammable items for a bonfire later on that you can cuddle up next to! (Pro tip: keep a fire extinguisher close by just in case it gets out of hand.)

Indulge in a whole bag of pumpkin spice chocolate truffles and both of you can take turns eating them. By the time you finish all of them you’ll have a pretty big stomachache, but since chocolate is an aphrodisiac you’ll be more than ready to go after eating all that! *Turn this into a game by trying to throw them into each other’s mouths and catching the truffles and see who wins! Talk about sexy.

Pull a Sully and Boo and lead the way into your bedroom with some pumpkin spice flavored Cheerios. It’ll leave him curious and following the trail for more, while giving him something to nibble on for energy for the main event of the night!

Feeling a little tired? Perk up for the eve with some pumpkin spice lattes! There’s nothing better than being super jittery and hyper to get you ready to go. If you get some whipped cream on it, it can definitely change the game. Take it off the top of your PSL and put it to other uses if you catch the drift. ;)

And for the last piece of advice we have for you…wear a pumpkin on your head! Definitely a must do for a night in with bae. This adds an exciting new element that hasn’t been done before. It’s a little spooky, but adding something different to the mix during the month of October can’t really go wrong! Think American Horror Story, but in a sexy way.

Or, you can just stick to drinking PSLs and eating pumpkin muffins for breakfast…has pumpkin spice movement gone too far?

Sarah Westbrook

South Carolina

Sarah Westbrook is a senior at the University of South Carolina. She majors in Marketing with a minor in PR and Advertising, and hopes to one day open up a cupcake boutique. She loves baking, snuggling with dogs, watching Criminal Minds, and Carolina Game Days!!!
SC Contributor

South Carolina