Chobani Greek Yogurt
Chobani Greek Yogurt
Alex Frank / Spoon

On The Go Breakfast Ideas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

As a college student trying to balance school amongst many other responsibilities, it can be easy for eating breakfast to slip your mind. Although cutting out breakfast may seem like the most efficient option when in a rush, doing so will only leave you hangry and drained only a few hours into your day. Although making yourself a breakfast that is filling, satisfying, and time-efficient all at once may sound intimidating, it is much easier than you might think. Start prioritizing breakfast and try out these on-the-go breakfasts to keep yourself energized for the busy day ahead.

Overnight oats

Not only are overnight oats the ultimate grab-and-go breakfast, but they can easily be customized to whatever flavor you want. Combine all of your ingredients in a container and refrigerate overnight for a filling breakfast that you can take on the go.

ingredients:

• 1 cup milk of choice
  • 1/2 cup of oats
  • 1 tbsp chia seeds
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • fruit of choice
  • protein powder (optional)
  • nut butter of choice (optional)
Yogurt Parfait

For a quick grab-and-go breakfast, try meal prepping a parfait. Layer your favorite yogurt with some fruit of your choice in a mason jar and refrigerate overnight. In the morning, add extra toppings such as granola and nut butter to make sure you will stay full until lunch.

Egg bites

These are perfect for when you are craving eggs but don’t have the time to cook them each morning. Whisk your eggs and pour them into a greased muffin tin. Add in your toppings and bake at 350°F for 15 minutes. Freeze the egg bites and microwave them in the morning when you are rushed for time.

ingredients:

• 5 eggs
  • vegetables of your choice, chopped finely
  • cheese (optional)
  • seasonings of choice
Nut butter on toast

This breakfast takes about 5 minutes to make, so it is perfect for those rushed mornings. Spread a nut butter of choice on your favorite toasted bread for the easiest breakfast ever. To make this breakfast even more filling, top it with your favorite fruit, nuts, and seeds. Bonus points if you pair it with some egg bites for some extra protein!

Smoothie

Instead of rummaging through your refrigerator in the morning searching for whatever fruit you have on hand, try measuring out your fruit the night before and freezing it. Store your customized smoothie blend in a mason jar overnight in the freezer. In the morning, blend your fruit mix with a liquid of your choice and an optional scoop of protein powder to help keep you satiated. After blending your smoothie, reuse your mason jar as a cup and head to class!

Jenna Marandola

South Carolina '24

Jenna is a junior public relations major at the University of South Carolina. She is a foodie and hopes to travel anywhere and everywhere. She loves cooking and is always down for a trip to the beach.