HC President - Abby Raffo
HC President - Abby Raffo
Photo by Abby Raffo
Life > Experiences

MEET HER CAMPUS SC’S PRESIDENT, ABBY RAFFO

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Read to learn more about our dedicated chapter president, Abby Raffo!

Share a little bit about yourself!

My name is Abby Raffo and I’m a senior English and Experimental Psychology Major at USC! I plan to graduate from the Honors college in May 2024 and pursue a full time role at the company I currently intern at. In my spare time, I love to read, spend time with my dogs and my friends, and write my senior thesis novel. 

How did you get started with Her Campus?

I joined Her Campus as a freshman at USC. I felt extremely isolated and lonely during the pandemic and I was looking to make genuine connections. I began my Her Campus journey as a writer on the editorial team, which allowed me to explore the topics most important to me. 

What do you love about HerCampus?

My favorite thing about Her Campus is the way we support each other. Whether it’s making friends or helping others find opportunities, the women at Her Campus are always encouraging and willing to lend a helping hand. 

What made you want to be president of the South Carolina chapter? 

I realized I had a passion for leadership while in my role as Editor-In-Chief. While working with the rest of the editorial team to make the processes as smooth and streamlined as possible, I recognized some gaps in leadership In the organization as a whole. I specifically wanted to find a way to integrate all of the teams more fully so that we could reach our true potential. I’m a huge believer in servant leadership, so most of my role right now is finding ways to support each team, administrative work, like creating timelines, and occasionally giving advice. 

What are your plans after graduation and how has Her Campus prepared you for it?

My plans after graduation are to work at the company I currently intern at, which is in the business sector. I think Her Campus has truly helped me prepare for this next step by allowing me to interact with other businesses through our brand partnerships as well as developing my sense of self through writing and leadership. More than anything else, Her Campus has shown me that I have the grit necessary to take on life’s challenges. I know that no matter what, I’ll have the support of my team.

Why would you encourage girls to get involved in Her Campus?

Her Campus has the unique ability to be whatever you need whenever you need it. Whether it’s support during an academically challenging year, making friends, connections for after graduation, jobs, internships, or finding your passion, Her Campus is there to help anybody and everybody.

Avona Le

South Carolina '25

Hi! I'm the Editor in Chief at the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter. I oversee all articles published by our chapter and even write some of my own! I'm currently a junior at the University of South Carolina in Columbia, majoring in Marketing and Finance with a concentration in Business Analytics. I want to pursue a career in marketing analytics or market research. In my free time, I love to try new restaurants, hang with friends and go on walks. I am always down to catch an amazing view of the sun or the stars!