Lea Michele Honors Late Cory Monteith in Unique Way

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

I’ll admit that I’m a closeted Glee fan. Although the last season or so seemed to go downhill, the show had so many powerful episodes and storylines that sucked you right in.

In my opinion, the best part of the show was the romance between Rachel and Finn. They were polar opposites who made the perfect match and went through so much together. As fate would have it, they became a couple in real life and had one of the most adorable Hollywood relationships.

As many of us recall, Cory Monteith, who played Finn Hudson, passed away unexpectedly in July 2013. His girlfirend Lea Michele, who also played Rachel, was understandably heartbroken. She has managed to properly grieve in the last three years and has begun to date other people, but today she posted a picture of a new tattoo that she got in his memory.

The caption read, “And one more… for my Quarterback… #5”

Five was the number that Cory’s character Finn wore on the show, as he was the quarterback of their high school’s football team.

This touching gesture just goes to show that true love does exist, and even though Cory is gone, his memory will be with Lea forever. 

Sara is a freshman Print Journalism major at the University of South Carolina. She hopes to pursue a career as a sports writer after graduation. Unhealthy obsessions include: Urban Decay products, the Carolina Panthers, and overanalyzing the Bachelor.
Kristina Zagame

South Carolina

Born and raised right outside the great city of Boston. Senior at the University of South Carolina. Major: Broadcast Journalism. Minor: Sport and Entertainment Management. Interests include traveling, storytelling, and trying to squeeze in naps. Biggest pet peeve: being told, "no." Instagram & Twitter: @kzagame GO COCKS!