Style > Beauty

I’ve Found the Holy Grail of Makeup

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

As of a month ago (although I hate to admit it), I had not tried one Charlotte Tilbury makeup product. Charlotte Tilbury herself is an iconic makeup artist, responsible for countless celebrity looks. Her products (more specifically, the brand’s glowing-skin essentials) have been flying off of the shelves recently, with TikTok to thank. This last month I’ve been able to get my hands on some of the most popular products. Needless to say, my makeup routine has been permanently changed and I am not looking back.

When launching this product at the 2018 Golden Globe Awards, Tilbury referred to it as a, “Complexion booster that brings together the versatility of a primer, the mega-watt glow of a highlighter and the perfecting properties of your favourite digital filter.” So, basically, an Instagram filter for your beauty routine. Charlotte Tilbury’s Hollywood Flawless Filter has been worn by celebrities like Emma Roberts and Mandy Moore, and now I can understand why. You can wear it alone or under your foundation, although I’ve found that it works best for me as a primer. This product applies smoothly, blurring my pores and evening out my discoloration (which is a MUST for the wintertime). No matter what foundation I put on top of it, Flawless Filter has kept my face glowing for hours on end (& holds up against a night out!). If I could only wear one makeup product for the rest of my life, I would have to choose this.

While I was ecstatic with the Hollywood Flawless Filter, my jaw dropped even closer towards the floor after finding Charlotte Tilbury’s Beautiful Skin Foundation. For years, I have been switching out my foundations, never 100% pleased with what I find — until now. This makeup product is new, having just been released on January 4th. With only two pumps of this lightweight foundation, my skin was thanking me. I have normal to oily skin, so I’ll admit that I was a bit scared to use a hydrating formula. Nonetheless, this product has held up for me on long days (and nights) out. Not only is the Beautiful Skin Foundation amazing on your skin, it’s also good for your skin. It has coconut extract and cassia anguvstifolia seeds that hydrate the skin while providing a natural source of hyaluronic acid. It’s also formulated with damask rose water, a soothing and oil-toning ingredient (making this perfect for all dry to oily skin types).

While Charlotte Tilbury is a bit more expensive than other makeup lines, these are two items that I would most definitely splurge on. Treat yourself and change your routine for the better.

Sarah Heyman

South Carolina '24

Sarah is the social media manager and a writer for the South Carolina Her Campus chapter. She manages all social media and posts content for her chapter. Sarah also writes editorial articles regularly. Sarah is a senior at the University of South Carolina studying Marketing. In her free time, Sarah likes to work out, spend time with family, and try new foods.