This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Personally, I think couple Halloween costumes are the absolute cutest thing! Don’t get me wrong, I love a good group costume or styling with your best friend, but couples costumes make me happy in a different way. There are so many iconic couples from all avenues of the media, pop culture, fictional characters, and even historical. The possibilities are endless! Here are a few couples costume ideas that will for sure get many heart eyes on the Insta.

Gomez/Morticia (The Addams Family)

This one is absolutely a given. Probably one of the most iconic Halloween couples of all time, Gomez and Morticia from The Addams Family are the epitome of a power couple. The love and support Gomez has for his wife is beautiful to watch, and Morticia’s encouragement of Gomez’s hobbies and eccentricities makes it such a good relationship. Dressing up like them will make for a wonderful night.

Stanley/Tina (The Mask)

Jim Carrey as Stanley is a hilarious thing to watch, and his stunts to impress Tina (Cameron Diaz) make it even more of a delight. Stanley in the mask is iconic, with the iconic yellow suit and green face. While he is a very recognizable costume, Tina wears a stunning gold, almost flapper-esque dress in a scene where they are dancing together. In that scene, she starts to fall in love with him-and gets to twirl as much as she wants!

Fred/Daphne (Scooby Doo)

Who doesn’t love solving mysteries? And the mystery of whether Fred and Daphne are an official couple goes on for years and years. No one can deny the flirtation they have going on, and that’s what makes this costume idea so fun. If y’all have a dog together, even better-they can be a makeshift Scooby!

Daphne and Fred
Photo by Gabbie Seguin

Greek Gods

I may be a little partial to this one since it is what my boyfriend and I are going as this year, but who doesn’t want to be a Greek god? Lounging about on clouds and wearing flowy clothes sounds amazing. You can be a specific god or pick your favorite. There are so many options to choose from!

Sandy/Danny (Grease)

Even if you’re not a fan of Grease, you can’t deny how it is one of the most iconic musicals of all time. The summer-love-story-turned-fall-romance is the best for casual watching. Sandy can be in either of her eras: sweet cheerleader or the leather-clad bombshell. Even if you don’t want to be the main couple, any Pink Ladies look would be fun.

grease olivia newton john and john travolta
Paramount Pictures

Peanut Butter/Jelly

If you’re short on time and materials, this costume could be a good fit. One dresses in all brown, one in all purple, and you’re all set! It may take a bit of explaining at first, but people will quickly realize how funny this duo is. This costume isn’t as detailed as others, so definitely it’s the best in a bind.

Captain America/Peggy Carter (Captain America)

Of course, any hero duo is great to dress up as, but I just really love this couple. Captain America is my favorite Avenger and Peggy can kick it with the best of them. Their dynamic is so wholesome to watch, and you can rock a red lip as Peggy, which is always a plus in my book.

Girl in Captain America Costume
Original photo by Colette Brancaccio

Batman/Poison Ivy

Just as we have hero duos, we also have villains. This is the best of both worlds. Do they have a thing? Do they not? Who really knows, but no one would pass up a chance to dress up as Poison Ivy. Dark green is such a flattering color and you can get so creative with this! I’m thinking plastic vines wrapped with fishnets.

Prince/Princess

You can take a few liberties with this one. There is a costume for pretty much any Disney prince and princess couple out there. My personal favorite is Ariel and Eric, but you could also be Tiana and Naveen, or Aurora and Prince Philip. The possibilities are literally endless!

Westley/Buttercup (The princess bride)

Speaking of princesses, Buttercup is probably one of the most iconic princesses of all time. The Princess Bride is a bit of an older movie but it’s such a classic. The romance, the witty dialogue, the characters- it’s something that people want to watch again and again. And honestly, every girl needs their own dashing Westley.

Emma Smith

South Carolina '22

I lived China for five months and that is pretty much the coolest thing that has ever happened to me. UofSC Grad Student in MMC Program