For an easy to prepare, anyone-can-make-it kind of meal, I strongly suggest making my family’s world-famous (or at least to our family and friends), crockpot taco chicken chili!
- 2 large bags of frozen shredded chicken
- 2 14.5 oz cans of diced tomatoes (I recommend the Hunt’s Basil, Garlic, & Oregano)
- 1 10 oz can of diced tomatoes with green chilis
- 1 8 oz can of tomato sauce
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 15 oz can of black beans
- 1 15 oz can of kidney beans
- 1 packet reduced sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp cumin
- 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 1/4 cup dried oregano leaves
- Defrost frozen chicken overnight.
- Add chicken, diced tomatoes, and tomato sauce together into your crockpot and stir.
- Add seasonings and onion into crockpot and stir.
- Close crockpot and cook on high for three to four hours, stirring every half hour or hour.
- For the best flavor, turn crockpot to “low” and continue to cook the chili for another hour or two.
This recipe can serve 8-10 people and can be kept in the fridge for about a week! It can be eaten in many different ways, but a few suggestions would be to buy some Tostitos scoops and eat it as a dip, or over rice or noodles!
For additional spice, adjust the spices to your own preference, or add/remove beans or tomatoes. Make this dish your own and have fun with it this fall season!