david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
david menidrey MYRG0ptGh50 unsplash 1?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp

Halloween Costume Inspo From Your Fav TV Shows and Movies

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Once you notice a slight drop in temperature and some classic Halloween movies on TV, you know you’re getting closer to the spookiest day of the year! The month of October is all about flannels, horror films, bonfires, pumpkin patches, and costume parties. But Halloween is a night where going ALL out is encouraged and gives you the chance to express your wild side. You can be sexy, scary, your favorite TV character, or even all three of those things combined. Entertainment has been anything but boring this year, and these popular costume ideas definitely prove it. 

Daenerys Targaryen

Started from the bottom, now she’s here. Own the party and dress up like Daenerys Targaryen, The Mother of Dragons, from Game of Thrones.

Gal Gadot

Who run the world? Girls. Get fierce and channel Gal Gadot from Wonder Woman.

Mia and Sebastian

La La Land may have premiered in 2016, but the film starring Ryan Gosling and Emma Stone is still a hot topic for this Halloween. To recreate Emma’s look, you might find similar style outfits hanging in your own closet! (And if you have a cutie that can be the Ryan to your Emma…bonus points!)

Belle

Calling all Disney lovers! Emma Watson in Beauty and the Beast was nothing less than a star. To steal the show, this costume is the way to go. 

Meredith Grey

With Grey’s Anatomy beginning its fourteenth season, is there a better excuse than to wear comfy scrubs for Halloween? What would Meredith would do?!

Bring on the candy corn and scary movies all month long! Who will you be for Halloween?