A Guide To The Single Girl’s Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Winter is my favorite time of year because there are a million holidays which means candy goes on sale a million different times! Okay, I’m exaggerating slightly. Half priced candy isn’t the only thing that excites me about this time of year. Personally, I am more than thrilled to dedicate this weekend to myself. For all the people without a cuddle buddy this Valentine’s Day this guide is for you. I have had twenty years of practice of making Valentine’s Day more about me and my girls than a boy and I hope it never changes. 

1. First things first: Buy all the junk you can.

Eating clean is not for February 14th. The candy companies need our business and so do the liquor stores!

(Life hack: some alcohol and Mardi Gras themed candy might even be on sale!)

2. Plan a perfect playlist.

Dance and shake that butt you’ve been whipping into shape for spring break! If you’re too lazy to make your own playlist, don’t stress! I already have it covered, just go here: Sam’s Valentine’s Day Playlist 

(Life hack: BEYONCE IS KEY) –nobody’s perfect except… for Beyonce, girl code.

3. Buy a puppy. 

Ok so this step is optional, but I just did this and my puppy Sampson is the perfect cure to the lonely VDay season.  

(Life hack: PetsInc is open all weekend so playing with puppies is free, fun and where you can get your new best friend)

4.  Realize that you can buy yourself whatever you want.

Boyfriends/Girlfriends are not the only ones with money. Shell out a little of your hard earned cash (or whatever mom put in your bank account this month –thanks mom) and get something to treat yourself.  

(Life hack: Lush bath bombs are the best for relaxing and they’re really cheap) 

5.Your worth is not based on whether or not you have a significant other.

If you’ve got friends then you’ve got the potential for an amazing, drama free Valentines Day weekend.

(Life hack: listen to Brooke Davis. She’s got it under control) 

Enjoying being single isn’t always easy but it’s a whole lot easier than dealing with f**kboys. Happy Valentines USC! Party hard for me.  

Sam Baker

South Carolina

Junior, Sport and Entertainment major. Music enthusist and above average Harry Styles fan. Twitter/Instagram: SamanthaBaker16
SC Contributor

South Carolina