This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

When you walk into Publico, you’ll be welcomed by a fun, happy atmosphere and friendly waitstaff and hosts. They have a trendy indoor space and a fun outdoor patio. You can even bring your favorite four legged friend to check out the patio and Publico’s puppy plates!

Although Publico has specials for every day of the week, their everyday deals are great too! You have the option to buy tacos individually for $4-6 each, or you can opt for their taco deals: 2 Tacos+1 Side for $10, 5 Tacos+2 Sides for $20, or 10 Tacos+5 Sides for $37.50! 

A fan favorite at Publico is their new Sunday Brunch– “Sunday Funday” as they like to call it. They have everything from churro french toast to avocado toast to chilaquiles (breakfast nachos!). In addition, they have some great drink specials including buy one, get one free brunch libations, discounted mimosas, margaritas and sangria pitchers. If you don’t want two drinks in one visit, bring your free drink chip back the next Sunday Funday you go to or share with a friend!

For Publico, it’s Taco Monday “‘cause Tuesday’s too late”. Every Monday, they offer discounted tacos sold individually for about $2 each! No matter what taco(s) you decide on, everything is always fresh and delicious. As always, they also have drink specials for margaritas and tequila shots.

Instead of Taco Tuesday, Publico coined Tuesday as Noods-Day. This day highlights the Ramen and Sake with $10 off Ramen and half-off Sake!

On Wednesdays, the restaurant focuses on local businesses by having drink specials on all locally crafted beer and liquor. They work hard to try to give back to the community and show support. 

Thursdays are dedicated to their draft wall filled with craft beers, sake and other cocktails on tap by giving $1 off every draft drink!

Publico is the perfect place for healthy, fresh options, too. If that’s what you’re looking for, Fridays are your day! The special day for Friday is known as Fresh AF (as farm). Fridays are when they feature fun, tasty specials that taste fresh and are made from items from local farms. Their salsa tastes so fresh, it’s to die for!

Finally, Saturdays are not to be overlooked. They have specials for their drink pitchers and pineapple margaritas. The pineapple margaritas even come in a fresh pineapple! 

My friends and I have had our fair share of Publico brunch and dinner, and they never disappoint. Our go-to time for Publico is for Sunday Brunch or Taco Monday, but if we go on any other day we always split the taco deals. Remember Publico next time you want a fun, trendy spot for good food and drinks with friends!

Sara Graybill

South Carolina '23

Sara is a psychology major at the University of South Carolina. Her favorite things include the beach, hanging out with friends, and visiting her pets back home!
Abby Davies

South Carolina '22

U of SC '22. Public Health major.