Gamma Phi Beta’s “GPhiJoe” Benefitting “Girls on the Run”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Gamma Phi Beta hosted their first annual “GPhiJoe” event this past Saturday to benefit their philanthropic partner, Girls on the Run.

Girls on the Run is a learning prorgram for 8 to 13 year-old girls that teaches life skills through dynamic, interactive lessons and running games. They are a non-profit organization “dedicated to creating a world where every girl knows and activates her limitless potential and is free to bodly pursue her dreams” via girlsontherun.org

The GPhiJoe event included military-style team and individual competitions. From hurdling over bails of hay to crawling under wire in the pouring rain, the event was a lot of fun and a great success!

Congrats to the individual competition winners, Sarah Scully and Kyle Fries! And to the first place team winners, ATΩ! We’re already getting our muscles ready for next year’s competition.

If you missed out on the event but would like to donate to the cause, click here.

Kristina Zagame

South Carolina

Born and raised right outside the great city of Boston. Senior at the University of South Carolina. Major: Broadcast Journalism. Minor: Sport and Entertainment Management. Interests include traveling, storytelling, and trying to squeeze in naps. Biggest pet peeve: being told, "no." Instagram & Twitter: @kzagame GO COCKS!