Finals Week as told by Gossip Girl

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Ready or not, finals week is here. Before our brains can officially think about December break, we must cram them with everything we have learned (or were supposed to learn) since August. Yuck.

Because watching Gossip Girl has always been a preferred distraction, we thought we’d let Serena Van Der Woodsen and Blair Waldorf help explain the madness of finals week:

1.  When you realize it’s finals week and you are completely unprepared to relearn everything. 

2. Now to find that perfect study spot…too bad everyone has taken up all the good ones. 

3. When you finally find a good study spot, the stress of it all begins to take over.

4. And despite being on the “quiet floor” of the library, everyone around you is loud.

5. When your classmate asks you a question about the essay you completely forgot is due in addition to the final exam.

6. You start coping with your stress by inhaling everything in sight.

7. Your eyes have run dry of tears, so you turn your pain into hysteria.

8. When you meet with a classmate in hopes that they can explain the material to you, but you’re still completely lost.

9. The mixture of hatred and jealousy you feel toward everyone currently bragging about their exam exemptions.

10. When you walk out of an exam and it didn’t go as bad as you thought, despite your poor study habits.

11. But then your favorite professor gives the hardest exam you’ve ever taken in your life and you just want to know: Why?

12. And suddenly you’re terrified to get your grades back because you anticipate this:

13. But either way, your friends will help you through it.

14. And no matter what happens, let your dream career be the motivation to keep pushing through.

15. And when you find out you survived, be sure to celebrate properly.

…actually we were thinking more like this:

Good luck collegiettes!

HCXO,

The ladies of Her Campus South Carolina

Hayley Schmitt

South Carolina

Just a University of South Carolina sophomore Public Relations major with an unhealthy obsession for Gossip Girl and mac & cheese.
Kristina Zagame

South Carolina

Born and raised right outside the great city of Boston. Senior at the University of South Carolina. Major: Broadcast Journalism. Minor: Sport and Entertainment Management. Interests include traveling, storytelling, and trying to squeeze in naps. Biggest pet peeve: being told, "no." Instagram & Twitter: @kzagame GO COCKS!