The hours sign in a white wall.
The hours sign in a white wall.
Photo by Julia Avitabile
Life > Experiences

Exploring the All Goods Bookstore and Everything They Have to Offer

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Columbia, South Carolina, has many hidden gems that make it a special place to live in and explore. I went to the All Goods Bookstore in Five Points and here’s what I think.

The bookstore has a plethora of selections from history to sci-fi — there is a book for everyone in the store. All the sections are labeled by genre, so you don’t have to go searching for what you want. They highlight many books on tables in the center of the store because they are signed copies or hardcover. They have a beautiful and welcoming children’s section, and they have a good YA section. There are many bestseller authors showcased in the bookstore such as Sarah J. Maas, Stephen King, Daniel Silva, Tessa Bailey, and more. The All Goods Bookstore has many events for people in the community. For example, many Saturdays they have read-alouds for kids. The All Goods Bookstore also has a cozy patio and some seating to make yourself comfortable when curling up with a new read. It has a free parking lot, and if you are living in Columbia, you understand that parking is a struggle, so All Goods Bookstore has free parking. The All Goods Bookstore also has a coffee shop and bar in the store. I had an iced caramel latte from there, and it was good coffee and it made me feel like a cozy book girl. The staff is very kind and approachable. This peaceful environment in the chaotic Five Points area is a perfect place to take a breath and slow down.

Overall, I loved the environment of the All Goods Bookstore and all it offers for the community. It feels like a warm hug that just gives you instant serotonin. If you need a family friendly environment for the whole family, I will definitely recommend the All Goods Bookstore because they have something for the whole family to enjoy. If you are a college student looking for a great place to go for a brain break, this bookstore is perfect for you to enjoy a quaint environment that allows you to explore the different worlds and realms that books have to offer. The All Goods Bookstore is definitely one of my favorite places in Columbia, South Carolina, and it makes me feel at home. I really enjoyed my experience, and I will definitely be back.

Julia Avitabile

South Carolina '26

Julia Avitabile is the vice president of Her Campus at South Carolina chapter. She is also a writer for Her Campus at South Carolina. She organizes meetings and partnerships for Her Campus at South Carolina. She also writes articles for Her Campus at South Carolina regularly. Julia is currently a sophomore at the University of South Carolina majoring in Elementary Education. In her free time, Julia likes to read, watch movies, and hang out with friends and family. She loves playing card games and supporting her siblings in all of their accomplishments.