Dating in College as Told by the Office

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

College is complicated enough as it is, but the second you throw boys into the mix, everything is double the confusion. We turned to the always brilliant Michael Scott and the rest of The Office cast for some insights into the wonderful world of dating.

1. Refer to a boy as your boyfriend despite the fact you have yet to speak to one another and he has no idea who you are.

2. Admire said boy from afar… AKA from the desk across the classroom.

3. Figure out his name and stalk him on all social media.

4. Become a detective and investigate his Insta to discover what bars he goes to.

5. Blackout run into him at the bar and decide it’s time for a convo.

6. Don’t remember the convo in the morning, but decide to sit next to him in class anyway because how else will you get him to fall in love with you?

7. Continue seeing each other hammered in the bar. Hook up. Arrive to class. Don’t speak.

8. Start soberly speaking in class and talk him into studying with you.

9. Somehow manage to spend enough time with him to make him actually like you.

10. But when you ask him what’s up with y’all…he says “idk” and slowly stops speaking to you.

11. Or maybe you’ve found yourself a nice boy and he asks you to be his girlfriend and you live happily ever after…wait, does this actually happen?

12. Who needs a boyfriend anyway? 

Alex is a Public Relations major at the University of South Carolina. She is an avid napper, a lover of guacamole and an Office enthusiast.
SC Contributor

South Carolina