This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Halloween costumes are hard enough to plan in the first place, but now trying to coordinate one with a mask makes it even harder. Here are 10 costume suggestions that are corona-conscious without ruining the fit. 

1. Space Cowgirl

Cover yourself with as much neon and glitter as you want! Throw on a fun colored cowboy hat and bandana to complete the look. 

2. Cowgirl 

Think “space cowgirl” but without the “space”. Dress up in some jeans, a comfy flannel, some braids, and a red bandana to cover your mouth to keep yourself and others safe. 

3. Skeleton

Pick up a skeleton mask and paint the rest of your face to match. Not only do you only have to apply a half face of makeup (lazy girls ftw), you get to keep yourself healthy by wearing your mask!

4. Doctor or Nurse

I feel like this one is kind of obvious, but pick up some scrubs, slap on a medical mask, and call it a day. Bonus points if you dress up as a Grey’s Anatomy character. 

5. Biker

Pull out as much leather as you can find and complete the look with a red bandana to cover your mouth and nose. 

6. Animal 

Instead of drawing on a nose and whiskers to compliment your set of animal ears, get a mask that does it for you! You can dress up as a bunny, a tiger, or a cat–literally whatever animal you want, as long as you are wearing a mask! 

7. Robber 

A striped shirt, some black bottoms, and a black mask is perfect to pull off this costume.

8. The Purge

This costume is perfect for a COVID friendly Halloween because the mask is the focal point of the costume. Get a blood splattered white shirt. Pair with spandex and a Purge mask for an easy covid friendly costume.

Dress up in all black, wrap some red string around yourself, add a black mask, and you’ve got yourself a fast and safe ninja costume. 

10. Winnie the Pooh characters

This one is similar to the animal idea, but you can make it a group costume by dressing up as your favorite childhood characters. Just color coordinate yourselves to the character and get a matching mask.

Jenna Marandola

South Carolina '24

Jenna is a junior public relations major at the University of South Carolina. She is a foodie and hopes to travel anywhere and everywhere. She loves cooking and is always down for a trip to the beach.
Abby Davies

South Carolina '22

U of SC '22. Public Health major.