This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

On March 13, 2021, Cottontown will host their third annual art crawl. There will be around 60 artists all across the area, and these artists include those who have been in the industry for quite some time, as well as those just starting out. It’s a great way to get to know people, get some new clients/customers in your own business if you are in Cottontown, and a great way for these younger artists to get their name and talent out and about.

There will be a host station located next to 2150 Sumter Street where they will have maps for the event, but the maps are also available online as well as other details about the Art Crawl here

Also on the website linked above is a lot of different information about the artists who will be present at this Art Crawl. Check them out and be sure to show some love as COVID-19 has been a hard year for all of us, but especially those who require social events to get their work seen.

I have also heard a few rumors that there will be a soft opening for a new business located in the old A Taste of the South building right next to Indah Coffee (also be sure to grab your iced coffee and the newly made horchatas at Indah). This business is rumored to include a space for artists to do their work, possibly even memberships for artists. For instance, if you are a photographer and need some studio time this is a perfect place for you to consider. Even if you just need some time to paint and sketch out some great pieces of your own, this would be the place for you. 

Be sure to check out their Facebook as well so that you can stay up to date with any updates and see some of the really cool pieces that will be displayed!

Sophia Martin

South Carolina '22

Sophia is an Advertising major who loves writing, her dog Ryder, chai lattes, and writing content. She is beyond excited to see where she can lead the South Carolina chapter as president.
Abby Davies

South Carolina '22

U of SC '22. Public Health major.