This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

I have the pleasure of working at the coolest place ever alongside some of the greatest people–such as my boss. The Copper Closet Columbia has been a dream to work at and has changed my perspective on my personal style, and I can only hope you will adventure out like myself.

FYI:  The Copper Closet is a woman-owned business that just turned four years old a month ago. Owner Danielle Dallas was exhausted while working at another store and seeing how some women could not afford the merchandise. She ventured out and created the cutest store. Alongside her is my boss, Evanne Christoff, who is just one of the coolest people I have met. 

The store is located in the Columbiana Centre, but if you prefer to look online as we are still in the midst of a pandemic, you can click here.

When I first applied for the position I was in the middle of a style change, wanting to switch my business casual and dresses or skirts to more of a modern day trend. My current style involves a lot of neutrals or sweaters that I picked up at The Copper Closet. 

Not only was I wanting to change my style, but I was also beginning to doubt my major. I am an Advertising major and Retail Fashion minor. Since working at the store for less than a month, I got my inspo back and am now wanting to be on the more creative side of advertising after I graduate. 

One of my favorite items I picked up from The Copper Closet is this red sweater. It’s very soft and loose, but can be styled in so many ways. So far, I have worn it with shorts for a “Is it really Fall?” look and I have also worn it with a pair of ripped, black, denim for a Carolina Gameday vibe!

Be sure to check them out at the link provided above. There are new sales every week, so check them out!

Sophia Martin

South Carolina '22

Sophia is an Advertising major who loves writing, her dog Ryder, chai lattes, and writing content. She is beyond excited to see where she can lead the South Carolina chapter as president.
Abby Davies

South Carolina '22

U of SC '22. Public Health major.