Columbia Checklist: The Best Grub on Campus

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Here at Her Campus South Carolina, we’re having a bit of a throwback week. Many of us have been away from campus for far too long, and we just want to reminisce about all the good times we had in our dear city of Cola. From football games to Five Points, we’ve made some great memories. This week’s Columbia Checklist will take you back to meal plans and Carolina Cash, with some of the best places to grab a bite to eat on campus.

1.     Marble Slab and The Great American Cookie Co.

Midnight meal swipe anyone? Their milkshakes and cookie sandwiches probably contributed to our Freshman 15.

2.     Global Café

Global is the best place for business majors (or anyone with a class in the Moore School) to get a mid-day coffee or gelato treat. They also offer lunchtime meals from around the world.

3.     Pandini’s

Pandini’s has some amazing pizza, and even better cookies! With a convenient location in the Russell House, you can’t go wrong asking your friends to meet up here.

4.     Fresh Burger

Their burgers are made fresh right in front of you, and their tots are delicious! What’s not to love?

5.     Tea Leaves

If you ever find yourself on the Humanities side of campus, check out Tea Leaves in Close-Hipp. They’re relatively new, but they have a Nutella coffee so it’s worth checking out

6.     Einstein Bros. Bagels

Get here before 11:00 to take advantage of the breakfast swipe! A bagel and schmear truly is the breakfast of champions.

7.     Top of Carolina

They take Carolina Cash and it’s a nice place to have date night! That’s a win-win to get to know that cutie you met at last week’s mixer.

Cassie Sobers

South Carolina

Cassie is a Management and Marketing major at the University of South Carolina. She is an outgoing and adventurous person, and an avid runner. When she is not writing for Her Campus or training for a race, you can find her browsing Pinterest for a creative project to tackle, reading a good book, or cooking a delicious meal.
SC Contributor

South Carolina