This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

This week’s campus celebrity is Chelsea Clark. Chelsea is a sophomore here at the University of South Carolina and a member of Alpha Delta Pi sorority.  Unlike average USC collegiettes, Chelsea doesn’t spend game days with her sisters and friends, because she’s down on the field cheering alongside the Gamecocks as a USC cheerleader!

One of Chelsea’s friends got her into cheerleading she was 10 years old. Chelsea has always been a competitive cheerleader, but in high school started to cheer for the football team as well.

Chelsea’s greatest accomplishment was performing her first double-full, which is one flip and two spins (very impressive!). Although her coach told her not to throw the trick before a competition, Chelsea saw her mom and brother in the crowd supporting her and she was so hyped that she performed the double-full anyway. Her coach was so happy he cried, and her mom gifted her with a tshirt that said “USA All-Stars” on the front and “I did my first double full today!” on the back. Chelsea said it’s one of her favorite cheerleading memories so far.

Cheerleading runs in the family; Chelsea’s older brother is a cheerleader at North Carolina State University and has been her inspiration. He coached Chelsea since she was 12 and helped her gain the tumbling skills to make a great university team.

Well, all their hard work paid off! Chelsea made the team at USC and cheers for the volleyball, basketball, and football teams. Her favorite sport to cheer for is football. Chelsea says cheering at her first game solidified her choice of school because “the thousands of die hard Carolina fans waving those white towels to sandstorm were unbelievable. I had goose bumps and the biggest smile across my face!” Chelsea might also be the Gamecock’s good luck charm: they haven’t lost a home game since she started cheering here! Don’t ever leave Chelsea!

When Chelsea’s not showing off all of her cool tricks and cheering on the Gamecocks, she loves to participate in service projects around campus and in the community: “I love meeting the community and creating ties that will last for the rest of my life.” The cheer team is also involved with baseball and football promotions, as well as Gamecock Club events.

Chelsea is currently at nationals with the Cheercocks. HerCampus wishes good luck to Chelsea and the rest of the team as they compete! You’ve got our support!

Alpha Delta Pi, Broadcast Journalism, College Football, Olympics, Pugs, Mexican Food www.thegarnetdiaries.com