The Best Spots in Cola for a Cute Fall Insta Pic

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

With fall in full swing, colorful leaves and pumpkin patches have become staples for every Instagram feed. With girls cheesing next to their Thanksgiving dinner to nature shots of autumn’s finest, fall, no doubt, has every tool necessary for a killer pic. For those of us lucky enough to be in Cola, there are more than enough local spots to make sure your dog ‘s posts stops snatching more likes than yours. 

Here are the most picturesque spots in Cola to guarantee for a #gorgeous fall pic: 

1. University of South Carolina’s Horseshoe

What better spot than right in the heart of USC? With its gorgeous greenery and brick walkways, the Horseshoe is a #perfect backdrop for the ultimate Gamecock’s Instagram post.

Hours: Open Daily

Location: 902 Sumter Street, Columbia 29208 

2. South Carolina’s Governor’s Mansion

The governor’s mansion’s gardens are breathtaking in the fall as the trees are starting to turn bright shades of orange and yellow. Not only does it guarantee a gorgeous snapshot, but the historic value is sure boost those likes, as well.

Hours: Open daily

Location: 800 Richland St, Columbia 29201

3. South Carolina State House

With steps reaching as far as the eye can see, the State House would allow for a step away from natural backgrounds, but still ensure a lovely image. What is “statelier”, then a picture at the State House?

Hours: Open daily

Location: 100 Gervais Street, Columbia 29201 

4. Riverbanks Botanical Gardens

Riverbanks Botanical Gardens are “blooming” with opportunities for a flawless portrait. Even though there is a fee to enter, the Gardens are full of flowers and greenery at their peak to secure Instagram fame.

Hours: 9 a.m.-5 p.m.

Location: 1300 Botanical Parkway, West Columbia 29169

5. West Columbia Riverwalk

Being one of the most popular picture locations in Columbia, the Riverwalk has miles of scenery to capture fall in all its beauty. Free to the public – the Riverwalk is an absolute must for your next pic.

Hours: Dawn to dusk – Daily 

Location: Canal side – 312 Laurel Street, Columbia 29201; West Columbia Riverfront – Corner of Meeting Street and Alexander Road, West Columbia 29201 

6. Finlay Park

Finlay Park is one of Columbia’s most hidden gems. Not only is it a perfect spot for a picnic with the fam, but the bubbling fountains and rocky paths that are strewn across the park are a simply gorgeous background for any season.

Hours: Dawn to dusk – Daily

Location: 930 Laurel Street, Columbia 29201

7. Maxcy Gregg Park

Located next to the University, Maxcy Gregg is a suitable spot for any student trying to gain more followers. With shaded paths and a section of white hanging swings, the photograph opportunities are endless.

Hours: Dawn to dusk – Daily

Location: 1806 Blossom Street, Columbia 29205

Happy fall y’all! 

Bri Hamlin

South Carolina '19

Hello, it's Bri (to the tune of Adele please). I am a senior at USC Columbia and am not currently thirty, flirty, and thriving, but twenty-one, anxious, and trying will sure do.
SC Contributor

South Carolina