Best Local Spots for a Galentine’s Day Brunch

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Hosting a Galentine’s Day brunch with your friends is a great way to make sure you’re keeping up with your non-romantic relationships during this lovey-dovey time, but it’s one achievement to get your gang together, and another even greater achievement to decide where to go. To make Galentine’s Day decisions just a little bit easier this year, we’ve compiled a list of the best places to grab brunch in the Columbia area.

The Gourmet Shop

The Gourmet Shop is a charming restaurant nestled in the Five Points area with a vintage feel. With an inviting atmosphere, and unique menu selections ranging from a yogurt-granola fresh berry bowl for a healthy option, belgium waffles for the sweet-tooth, and of course, mimosas, this just might be the place all your friends can agree on. 

Good Life Café 

For those of you who enjoy all foods but struggle eating out with dietary-restricted friends, Good Life Café is a prime spot. With an all vegan menu with featuring gluten-free options, there’s something for everyone. Non-vegans are sure to enjoy this option as well, as it doesn’t take meat or dairy to make good pancakes!

Crêpes and Croissants 

If you have a group of sweet-craving friends, Crêpes and Croissants is sure to impress. Think endless amounts of pastries topped with nutella, chocolate, cinnamon, whipped cream and anything else your heart could dream of. 

Di Prato’s

When it comes to brunch, Di Prato’s means business, boasting a signature menu. You can order practically any breakfast dish you can think of, from omelettes to bagels to eggs benedict. The menu is particularly strong for fans of the savory.

Café Strudel

Café Strudel is your best brunch bet for trying something new. Their menu contains loads of unique items, such as breakfast quesadilla, sunrise burritos, and “famous hung-over hashbrowns” that you won’t find everywhere. 

Make time for your girls this February (and an unreal brunch). 

Brooke Lindley

South Carolina '22

Brooke is a student at the University of South Carolina Honors College. She studies psychology, English, and theatre. She enjoys singing in University Chorus and participating in service with the sorority Epsilon Sigma Alpha. You can find her on Instagram @brookehope.
Katie Graybill

South Carolina '20

Katie is a journalism student at the University of South Carolina. She loves the beach, traveling, writing, and spending time with her pets!