Activities To Do This Holiday Season In SC

It’s time to get in the holiday spirit and enjoy this wonderful time of the year — Christmas is on its way! During the winter season, there is so much to do and the holiday spirit is everywhere (and South Carolina is no exception!). In this list are a few of the most fun and exciting Christmas events happening this year in South Carolina.

Columbia, S.C. — Christmas Lights at Fairgrounds 

Dec. 3 through Dec. 26, 2022

This is the 4th annual downtown drive-through holiday light show featuring more than 100 individual LED light displays! 

Greenville, S.C. — Poinsettia Christmas Parade

Dec. 3, 2022 at 6 p.m.

This parade has been a tradition in Greenville for over 75 years and marks the start of the holiday season with hundreds of viewers each year in downtown!

Rock Hill, S.C. — Founders Holiday Ice Rink

Open Nov. 17 through Jan. 16

Rock Hill’s open-air ice skating rink is across from Fountain Park and is $15 per person! Bring friends or a date to have fun ice skating together.

Lexington, S.C. — Snowball Festival

Dec. 1 through Dec. 4

Join the beautiful town of Lexington for a four-day festival with different events each night. From a craft fair to movie nights, there’s much to enjoy about this amazing festival!

Charleston, S.C. — Annual Holiday Festival of Lights

Nov. 11 through Dec. 31

Charleston is one of the best cities to enjoy Christmas in South Carolina! The Holiday Festival of Lights returns for families to experience the hundreds of light displays and do some shopping at gift shops in the charming city.

Sumter, S.C. — Swan Lake Fantasy of Lights

Dec. 1 through Dec. 31

For the entire month of December, the gardens are decorated with twinkling holiday lights for families to enjoy. The Pilot Club’s floating Christmas tree is also an eye catcher for this event, so don’t miss it!

Avona Le

South Carolina '25

Hi! I am a Marketing and Economics undergraduate at the University of South Carolina! In my free time, I love to read, hang with friends and go on walks. I am always down to catch an amazing view of the sun or the stars!