This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Winter is approaching quickly and it has a way of making us want to stay inside and just never leave. There’s just something a lot more enticing about wrapping yourself in seventeen blankets than venturing out into the cold. Looking for ways to stay warm and cozy but also have a fun date night? You’re in the right place! We came up with some ideas that will keep the heat in (and bring the heat, if you catch our drift).  

1. Make a pizza together

Do you like Hawaiian and he likes just cheese? Make the perfect pizza and split it down the middle, with your toppings on one side and his on the other! You can make it even more romantic by making it heart shaped. 

2. Wear Christmas pajamas and Netflix/Freeform a movie together

With Christmas right around the corner, what better way to get yourself in the holiday spirit than watch a classic Christmas movie? Freeform has so many movies once Thanksgiving ends, and Netflix has some pretty good ones available too! Don’t Netflix and ~chill~, Netflix and cuddle up! 

3. Get a mini tree and decorate it together

What college dorm/apartments have space for a full-size Christmas tree?! Get a small tree that you and your SO can call your own, and spend a night decorating it together with Christmas tunes playing in the background.  

4. Make a fire/bonfire and roast s’mores

S’mores don’t have to be just for the summer! Curl up by the fireplace and roast some marshmallows. 

5. Make hot chocolate and drink it while you watch it snow

If you’re lucky, you’ll get snow over the winter. If not, who doesn’t love hot chocolate anyways? Sit on the couch with some blankets and drink up! 

6. Fondue

Melted cheese and chocolate? Yes, please! This is a fun way to get creative with your food without breaking the bank. 

7. Bake together (he can lick the bowl if he doesn’t want to contribute, which is lame)

Heat up the oven and get baking! Cooking and baking together is a fun way to spend time together and really focus on just being with each other. Grab a glass of wine while you’re at it. 

8. Puzzles and games 

Turn on your competitive side and play some games or do some puzzles. Your choices are endless. 

Stay warm, kids! 

Sarah Westbrook

South Carolina

Sarah Westbrook is a senior at the University of South Carolina. She majors in Marketing with a minor in PR and Advertising, and hopes to one day open up a cupcake boutique. She loves baking, snuggling with dogs, watching Criminal Minds, and Carolina Game Days!!!
SC Contributor

South Carolina