7 USC Clubs to Join Based Off Your High School Persona

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

After this week’s organization fair, it’s easy to see how many amazing organizations USC has to offer. Narrowing down which one’s are the best for you can seem like a huge undertaking though, so we’ve put together a list of the best organizations to join based off your high school interests if…

1.  You were always working…

If you were constantly busy in high school, and have an interest in the business world, then you should definitely consider joining a business fraternity. Whether it’s Delta Sigma Pi, Sigma Omega Upsilon or Alpha Kappa Psi, each one has a different focus, so definitely check them out. Most of them rush in the fall and the spring, and it’s a great way to start making connections that will last beyond your years at USC. 

2.  You did tons of community service…

If you were constantly busying yourself with community service in high school, then a service sorority could be your new way to continue this. At USC we have Omega Phi Alpha, which is a service sorority that’s just like other sororities, but with more focus on community service. It’s a great was to get involved in the community and give back.

3.  Your outfit was always on point…

In high school you strutted the halls in carefully thought about outfits, and now you want to continue that in college, so why not join a club that is all about the newest trends. Fashion Board is an association of students who plan fashion events around campus along with other activities.

4.  You had all the moves at prom…

During high school you spent your nights dancing crazily with your friends?  Well now you can do that, while helping those in need. Dance Marathon is organization raises money for childhood injury and sickness by hosting an annual dance marathon each year. Not only is it super fun, but it’s a great opportunity to give back with your friends.

5.  Your spirit animal was sporty spice…

If you loved playing sports in high school, or were even known as bit of a jock, then club sports are an awesome option for you. Not only does it keep the freshman 15 far far away, it can also provide you with new strong friendships. Club sports also allow people to play at a less competitive level than the D1 sports, so there’s still plenty of practice and healthy competition, but also lot’s of fun involved too.

6.  You were first in line at the voting booth…

For all of you who were strong political activists in high school, joining College Democrats or College Republicans are great groups for you to become a part of. These two organizations spread their political views around campus and the country in order to get more involved in the political world, and are a great option for anyone interested in politics. Or, if you want to be specifically involved with USC’s politics, consider joining Student Government.

7.  You were always having fun…

All collegiettes who love being involved, sharing laughs and gaining real-world experience should consider joining Her Campus South Carolina. Any interests are welcome, since it’s a diverse group of girls that love to write articles, plan empowering events, or make new girl friends with similar interests and incredible goals. Her Campus provides our members with writing, advertising, and event planning experience, plus new friendships that will last beyond thier college years.

Katie Mauck

South Carolina

Senior at the University of South Carolina. Currently a Political Science & Spanish major, and loves to serve as a writer and Social Media Director for the South Carolina chapter of Her Campus.
SC Contributor

South Carolina