7 Podcasts For Becoming Your Best Self

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

For all of us out there that still insist on listening to books on tape or scouring TED.com for the next best speech, podcasts are our haven. With the simple click of a play button, a podcast can quickly pass the time. Listening to one of these intelligent, witty and all-consuming podcasts will definitely improve anyone’s day.

1. Munchin’ With Moguls

This is by far one of the best podcasts for women. Whether you’re aspiring to conquer the entrepreneurial field, find your self worth or simply learn the in’s and out’s of adulthood, this podcast encompasses it all. With each episode, Alexa Jorgenson, the founder and speaker on the podcast, introduces new and familiar women (mainly from Salt Lake City, Utah), as they address vulnerability, authenticity, intentionality and many other characteristics that seem to rule and drive our lives.

This podcast can be found on iTunes as well as through the Munchin’ with Moguls website. Give it a listen, it won’t disappoint. 

2. Millennial 

There are 4.6 million millennials in the world, according to Megan Tan, creator and host of the podcast Millennial. Seeing as the majority of us reading this are a part of that 4.6 million, this podcast is certainly worth a listen. As Tan discusses the worthwhile journeys and pitfalls of her 20’s, listeners will, in turn, learn how to take action in their own lives. Through this witty and inspirational podcast, women will be inspired to take charge and try the unimaginable.

Listen on her website or through iTunes. 

3. The Lively Show

This podcast is all about finding your inner peace, joy, and guidance within through intuition. Jess Lively, the creator and speaker on The Lively Show, covers several different aspects of every day life including wellness, relationships and careers. With multiple inspiring and informative guest speakers, The Lively Show is easily a must listen.

Find it on iTunes or through her website

4. The School of Greatness with Lewis Howes

Lewis Howes is a NYT bestselling author and lifestyle entrepreneur. His podcast The School of Greatness imparts wisdom and inspires people of all backgrounds to accomplish their goals. With several world-class athletes and influential celebrities guest speaking in these podcasts, you are bound to find inspiration. According to Howes, “You have no limits.”

Check out his work at his website and through iTunes. 

5. Modern Mrs. Darcy

If the thought, “What should I read next?” ever comes into question, listen to Modern Mrs. Darcy. This podcast is solely about reading books and the literary meanings behind them! This podcast will surely inspire you to go out and grab a new book for the upcoming holidays.

Listen on her website or iTunes!

6. The Gilmore Guys

This may not be the most uplifting podcast of them all, but it is surely a good laugh. Although the show came to an end a couple weeks ago, The Gilmore Guys podcast is something that requires listening, especially if shows like Gilmore Girls and Bunheads were at the top of your watch list back when Amy Sherman Palladino ruled the comedy world. One of their very last podcasts even features an interview with Lauren Graham herself (aka the infamous Lorelei Gilmore)!

Check it out here.

7. Revisionist History

In this podcast by Malcolm Gladwell, he reinterprets different occurrences in history, which have been misrepresented. Gladwell covers a variety of topics from civil rights to fast food. In each case, he challenges the previous understanding of the event and helps the listener rethink the misperceptions present in each case.

Click here to listen. 

Whether you’re searching for an inspirational, humorous or thought-provoking podcast, these seven will certainly do the trick.