This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at South Carolina chapter.

Sunday night thousands of fans were crammed in the U.S. Bank Stadium in Minneapolis, Minnesota – anticipating one of the most watched sporting events of the year. However, let’s not forget the millions of people that tuned in to watch the game from the comfort of their own home. These viewers not only had the opportunity to watch an exciting match up between the New England Patriots and the Philadelphia Eagles, but also got a chance to see million-dollar commercials air for the first time. For many, these commercials are the main event. So let’s have a look at the most memorable ads from a night that entertained with more than just football: 

1. Doritos Blaze vs. Mountain Dew Ice

Has there ever been a better use of celebrities? The rare sighting of Peter Dinklage and Morgan Freeman in this hilariously entertaining commercial for Doritos and Mountain Dew Ice surely captured the attention of every age group. Well done, guys.

2. Tide

Was anyone else really confused during the Tide ad, but also super proud of them when it was over?

3. M&M

What else will M&M conjure up?

4. Rocket Mortgage

Tell us how it really is Rocket Mortgage.

5. Amazon’s Alexa

Best Alexa ad ever made, right?

6. Australia

Who else is still convinced that this is a movie trailer?

There was definitely a wide variety of companies represented during the 2018 Super Bowl. These six along with an array of others captured the attention of audiences across the U.S. This only makes the excitement for the 2019 commercials that much greater! 

Bri Hamlin

South Carolina '19

Hello, it's Bri (to the tune of Adele please). I am a senior at USC Columbia and am not currently thirty, flirty, and thriving, but twenty-one, anxious, and trying will sure do.